Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Block the material for Sales activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I have marked one of the material for delition in MM06 transaction,

by this system should not allow me to do any purchase and sales activities,

But when I tried to create a Sales order it is allowing me to create the sales order with warning message as "Material marked for delition --VL406"

where we can change the message status from warning to Error for VL406

Also tell me what are the other alternate methods for blocking a material for sales activites.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way of doing this is -

In Material master record, sales-sales org1 tab, X-Distr chain status, you could select one of the options.

To define your own status message for X-Distr chain status, you could go to transaction OVSU .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also make the error a hard error vs. a soft error in your SD config. so that the user cannot save an order if the material has a specific sales status. We had the same issue we were using a discontinuation status but users were just by-passing the warning messages.

Jeremy

Edited by: Jeremy McGurk on Apr 22, 2008 11:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your reply

Could you plz tell me where to make the error a hard error vs. a soft error in SD config.

Thanks & regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

One way is to mark for Deletion thru MM06 or Go to the MAterial Master -> Basic Data to block thru MM side with error or Information message. MM -> Sales View, X-Distri. Cahin Status to block thru SD side.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just marking the article for deletion will not completely block the article. First you need to mark the article for deletion then you need to archive the article from being used. Anywayz before you do this make sure that you do not have any open documents. Else this procedure will not work.