cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Management in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My client needs a functionality by which any changes made to the data in the WBS or Networks are purely documented. There is this requirement that any changes from the initial customer specification should be possible to be tracked and also it impacts on the financial front (costing) be documented. Moreover, it should also be possible to know any changes made to the network material components (Component BOM) in terms of quantity changes, new components added etc.

Can the gurus advise me pls?

Thanks in advance,

Nithin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand correctly, you may have to look at the incoming order analysis.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that 'Change Documents' check box is ticked in Project profile (TCode: OPSA, Basic data and Status Management)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remember correcty the Change Documents in the Master Data are only recorded from the point that the object is Released (i.e. System Status REL)

You may want to bear this in mind when using CN60

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied. But I have a specific question here.

The project I am trying to implement through PS is a customer project. The business needs a functionality by which the additional costs they incurred out of a change from the initial customer specification can be tracked. Can change management functionality be used for this or should I be looking at some other functionality?

Thanks again,

Nithin.

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin.

For this issue you best use Claims to change planning and actual cost. It might be advisable to configure Claim Management maybe with a user status preventing planning on WBS elements.

You'll find Claims in customizing beneath Project System.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Well, in transaction CN60 you'll have a standard overview over changes in the project.

When it comes to BOMs, in transaction MM02/03 you look at the menu --> Environment --> Display Changes

If I needed additional reports on that I would start from those transactions.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid