cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY CONTROL: SALES ORDER WITH REFERENCE TO QUOTATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are creating a sales orders with reference to a quotation. When copying, we'd like to be able to include another new position type in the sales orders.

For example:

QUOTATION:

POSITION 10: TYPE ZTAB

SALES ORDERS:

POSITION 10: TYPE ZTAB

POSITION 20: TYPE IRSS.

Where could we place this change?. We suppose when saving the sales orders. Does anybody know how could we make this change?.

Thank you very much!.

Raú

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to manually enter the second line item? If so you can manually add it once the default one is copied from the quotation. to be able to change the Item catagory, You need to first add this Item catagory as Manual Item catagory for that Combination of sales doc , Item catagory grp.in the Item catagory determination.

Edited by: Vijaya Kiran Kalavacharla on Apr 22, 2008 3:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thank you for your answer.

The requirement we have states to create this item automatically. I mean, when the item in the quotation is created, it have to create another item with the specified item category group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You ma explore the functionality of Material determination.

Path : IMG>SALES & DISTRIBUTION>BASIC FUNCTIONS>MATERIAL DETERMINATION.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Have checked our customizing but there's nothing that helps us at that point. Is there any user exit or procedure to do so?.

What would you suggest to do it?.

Thank you very much.

Raul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned you will have to add another item also. Is that ging to be the same item for all orders or different for different orders/combinations.

If its the same then you can hard code in the user exit MV45AFZZ or use a Bill of Materials.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you pl. give me further details :

What should be the quantity of the second line item.

What should be the pricing for the second line item.

Is the second line Item an addition to the first line item in the order. Or does it replace the first line item. Do you deliver both the line items or only the second line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again:

Let me answer your questions:

To Vijaya:

Both quantity and prices will be the same, as long as it'll be a copy of the first item position on the quotation.

To Sai:

It's going to be the same for those 'SA' orders created with reference to 'ZOFE' quotation type.

Could you please give me a clue about the way to hardcode MV45AFZZ include?.

Thanks in advance to you both!.

Raul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not get the answer for the following questions still :

Is the second line Item an addition to the first line item in the order. Or does it replace the first line item. Do you deliver both the line items or only the second line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both will be delivered. Sales order should have both items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may create a BOM for this material.

Or You may use the functionality of the free goods .

Create the condition record for the free goods for this material, enter the Item catagory determination entries. & have pricing for the freegoods Item. & make the item pricing relavent

This way , if you maintain the condition record as 1 qty free for every 1Qty, for any qty that is copied from the quation for that material, you will have a second line item with the same material equal qty with pricing.

Hope this will help you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by position type?

Please use the language used by SAP so that it could be easily understood.

What is ZTAB & IRSS. Are they materials?

Regarding copying, this is a brief theory

In copy control, you define control data for the document flow of sales documents.

You can specify for a particular sales document type, which document type is to be assigned to copied reference documents, and which item categories or schedule line categories are to be copied.

You must also make specifications for copying requirements and data transfer, as well as quantity and value updates in document flow.

In precise, you are telling the system what data to copy from QT to sales order. It copies data from Quotation order type to Standard order type basing on settings you indicated in copying control.

System won't do anything more than copying from preceding documents and it would transfer data based on copying rules in copy control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant ITEM CATEGORY ( field VBAP-PSTYV in VA01 ).

Both ZTAB and IRSS are ITEM CATEGORY.

The thing I want to reach is COPY the same information contained in ZTAB item ( provided by standard copy control ) into a IRSS item type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to transaction VTAA and you can observe that SAP R/3 system has provision for only one item category of the item to be copied from the source document into the target document.

Hope this answers your question.