cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of scheduling scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While scheduling my project using bottom up approach, the system defaults the method for plan method/ basic and plan method/fsct as "Bottom up (taking dates of higher level WBS into account).

Is there a way i can change this to "strict bottom up" as I need the system to adjust the dates of the WBS during scheduling (including reducing the duration)

thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In project profile Trnsaction code OPSA

In Plannin board board/dates tab

WBS time schedulling

Tick on with activities

In Planning method

put below values

Plan.meth/basic 4

Plan.meth/fcst 4

Calc. with act. 1

This profile will do the scedulling by Bottom up method only

Rgds

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Your suggestions helped and I'm able to schedule new projects as strict bottom up. The issue i still have is the current project which has been scheduled as bottom up is not changing and the behaviour is like bottom up even after selecting strict bottom up. Any suggestions? Is this standard behaviour or do i have a bug?

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you said is correct and you can not change the same.

If you want strictly bottom up feature i.e. Dates of Higher WBSE will not be considered. Always Higher WBSE dates will be over written by Lower level dates. If this is requirement, select Free scheduling. Then system will allow you to choose strictly bottom up.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the setting in SPRO->Project Systems->Dates->Date Planning in WBS->Define Parameters for WBS Scheduling

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes, Project definintion under control data tab.

You have 4 possibilities:

1 Top down

2 Bottom up (Taking dates of higher level WBS)

3 Open planning

4 Strict bottom up (without dates of higher level WBS)

Rgrds/Håkan