cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who (or what) is "Richie Riffle"?

Former Member

Something that has intrigued me for years is a table in the Logistics and Accounting software component (on ECC, old R/3) with the name KRIF. The table is in package CU (Variant Configuration). The short text on this table is a riddle: "Richie Riffle". Who is Richie Riffle? Is he like Richie Rich? A text like "Configuration: Manually Assigned Conditions" I can understand, but "Richie Riffle"? A Google search for Richie Riffle is fruitless, it returns no meaningful results.

Richie Riffle could have been somebody. His name would have lent a good ring to a Beatles song. With an alliterative name like that, he could have even been a superhero in disguise for all we know, coming to the rescue of those in peril, or maybe a cartoon character that brought joy to millions of children. Maybe he was a mythical figure whose image was carved into rock walls in a cave or in some dungeon underneath a castle. Perhaps he was a lone wanderer who brought unexpected enlightenment to those he met along the way, passing out phrases with deep meaning that gave understanding to those in need of wisdom. Perhaps he was a busker, backpacking through Europe and singing songs of change (for change). Was he perhaps a champion ABAP programmer, whose fame, like those of the Olympic heroes of days gone by, has faded like an old, tattered photograph?

Whatever the case may be, Richie Riffle remains an enigma. Oh, you might claim that you met him the other time at TechEd, but we all would know better than to believe such a yarn. And almost instantly, you would lose respect from your peers, and your colleagues would hold you in lower esteem for making light of such a revered name. It is only one day in your old age, while sitting on a park bench in the sunshine and feeding pigeons, that a peculiar tingle in your spine causes you to glance around at the statue that rises majestically behind you in the shade of ancient oak trees. In a sudden moment of clarity, you realize the error of your ways when you read the inscription at the monument's base:

IN MEMORY OF RICHIE RIFFLE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member111657
Discoverer

Just double checked and hey, guess who made it all the way into S/4 HANA? Richie is alive and kicking.

Jelena
Active Contributor

Wow, this is an oldie but goodie. Had to look it up in SE11 - yep, still there.

New book title suggestion: "Richie Riffle runs on HANA".

martinc_mb
Participant
0 Kudos

Wow, I forgot writing this.

I just came across Richie Riffle again. So I googled him. And this post was the first search result.

The name of Richie Riffle lives on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Richie Riffle" anagrams to: "If rich relief".

This is soooo true

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin,

After going through the thread I had checked the table KRIF in 4.7.Probably,a Developer named Richie Riffle might have created this table and temporarily would have given his name thinking he will change it before transporting and would have eventually forgotten.

If you can find "fcuk"(in program RSDBAF01) in SAP Standard Programs,ofcourse commented(don't know what operation it will perform in the program if not commented ) finding Richie Riffle as a short text for a table is not a big thing

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for all the constructive input.

I like the idea of a series of novels based on this character. Something like "The advendtures of Richie Riffle". It really has potential. In fact, the more I hear the name, the more appealing it becomes.

I wonder if SAP Press would be interested in printing such novels? I guess they would have to revolve around the world of SAP somehow. For example: "Richie Riffle and the case of the missing dynpro" or "Richie Riffle hears a Message" or "Richie Riffle and the mystery of Plattner mansion".

K. Kiran, I'm afraid you are mistaken. Richie Riffle is big. Richie Riffle can roundhouse kick Chuck Norris back to the stone age. Besides, I couldn't find that comment in that program. Maybe they took it out after 4.7. But they can't just take out Richie Riffle. Richie Riffle lives on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the title "Richie Riffle takes a short dump"?

T00th

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

That's an absolute classic! 😄

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about "Richie Riffle Backend* adventures" .... hehehe

*Backend as backend system (just in case)

Juan

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about "Richie Riffle CODE"?..(On the lines of Da Vinci Code)..

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Seriously, you have almost wll that it takes to be a good fiction writer...

Find who/what is is 'Richie Riffle" might become the most intriguing search after the 'Holy Grail'....

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Ceronio, you are a master of fiction. Have you ever considered writing a book? By the number of replies it seems your writing is popular too? Perhaps you could start up an Agatha Christie type search for the unknown Richie Riffle? We all love to be amatuer sleuths!

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be he is hiding [here!|http://www.riffle.org/show.person/141/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

At first i thought this is some hollywood gossip related to Nicole Richie lolz:)) it was only after i read the whole thread i realised its not her.

Looks like i need a strong cup of coffee.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very well written and hilarious.

Back to the subject – you might be disappointed when you find your answer .

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I google it... couldn't find anything relevant for Richie.. but if you use Richard you'll see "Richard Riffle newly named General Manager of The Glen Golf Club" ... Hes must be retired... hehehe

Anyhow.. as americans use Dick for Richard, then you'll find that he was an American football player in the mid 40's... interesting isn't it???

Anyhow.. leave my contribution to your search up to here...

Good luck.

Juan