cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem while accessing client server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

i'm facing a problem to access the client's MDM server from my mdm console.when i'm trying to mount the MDM server,it's showing the server is stopped.where as the server is running at that time.the client is able to mount the mdm server but i'm from offshore not able to open once also.some other application installed in the same server is accessible from offshore..

your input in this will be highly appraised.

Regards

Biswanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to mount the server with the IP Address.If you enter any name in mounting the server and if the server does not exist it will show the server in stopped state.

Also try to ping the server using IP Address only from your command prompt using ping command.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parida

the error is"FILED FAILED A CRC CHECK

this clearly means that there is version mismatch between MDM GUI and MDM server. install the latest one and try mounting again.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswanath,

File Failed CRC Check clearly indicates that your MDM server and MDM GUI Clients are not of the same version, what you can do just open MDM console, on the left hand side, Click on SAP MDM Servers, in the right bottom under server detail pane you can see the name and version of your MDM server, even you can check it in right upper under MDM servers too.

For MDM GUI Clients , like in MDM console --> Go to help --> About Sap MDM Console there you can check the version of your MDM Console similarly you can see the versions of other GUI Clients too.

like in my case Version 5.5 SP6 (5.5.61.48) for both MDM console and MDM server, it should be same.

Hope it helps you.

Beast Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error occurs because of version mismatch.

To check the version of the Console you are using Select

Help -> About MDM Console.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I'm still unable to connect to the client server.I tried both of the below suggestions,nothing worked.can you tell me ,how to know the version/SP of the sonsole.

we have opened the ports 20000->20010 but now the error has been changed.the error is"FILED FAILED A CRC CHECK"

Regards

biswanath

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswanath,

As there are few reasons where in you wont be able to access remote MDM servers;

The first reason could be, Version difference; as most of them have already said.

2) The could be network access probelm; as you need to connect to some proxey; it generally happens; the client network is different and ours is different; so you need to setup a proxy for clients network and then try to connect to there server.

3) There might be a firewall which is not allwing you to access; the firewall can be either from the side of the client or even from your side.

There are few reason which i could suggest; first try and check wether these are solved and then you can think of other options.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can also happen if the Client GUI version you are using are different from the one of server.

Has the server been upgraded to a new patch level?

Regards,

Ketan