cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Mail Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

without any obvious reason i'm suddenly getting an error in the runtime workbench at the Communication Channel Monitoring:

exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: unexpected greeting response; read * BYE Connection refused

I already restarted the j2ee engine, but with no success.

Can anybody please help me?

Points will be rewarded!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not problem with the XI server or j2ee engine as such. The problem might be at Mail Server end, the mail server is not accessible or many connections are established with same user id.

Please check the authentication using outlook express or any other mail client.

Regards

Ramesh P

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had same error message today, the "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4" windows service was in a bad state. Telneting to port from PI gave this "* BYE Connection refused" message. After restarting the windows service the connection worked again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

This looks like an "authentication" issue (is XI's IP allowed to reach this server ?), but this must be verified, so I'd suggest setting mail adapter debug mode to ON in order to trace what's happening when trying to communicate with the mail server ...

Traces can then be viewed using Log Viewer (either standalone or using VA console) !

Useful notes to activate traces are 761921 & 854536

Hope this helps

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the tip with the Log Viewer. I discovered there an interesting error:

SLD start failure, profile parameter ObjectManager.BufferInstances must be set to FALSE in J2EE cluster environment. Change the SLD profile and start the application again.

Is it possible that the SLD is down and causes my error?

Because in the Adapter-Monitor i get an similar error for the JPR-Adapter (what for is this Adapter?):

SLD access SLD host:port = xxyyzz:12345

Error getting JPR configuration from SLD. Exception: entityNotFound

No access to get JPR configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure those SLD errors could cause your mail adapter issue, but they could be worth fixing anyway !

What kind of protocol do you use in your sender channel (POP ? IMAP ?) ? Otherwise, I do not know whether it is possible to do this for these protocols, but between XI and your mail server, you can install some sort of proxy (or sniffer or whatever it is called) that could help you analyzing traffic (messages, error codes etc) when communication takes place ... But I'm sure activating debug mode for mail adapter objects will help you

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

The protocol is IMAP and i will try to activate the debug mode for the adapter objects at first thing tomorrow morning!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your Help!

All your tips and suggestions together helped me to solve my problem.

Points have been rewarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to hear ! Can we know what the pb was ?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was a newly installed and added application server for our XI. The new server wasn't allowed to access our exchange server!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

I have same problem. What do you do to resolve? The problem was in Mail Server?

If you have the answers I appreciate it.

Thanks!

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya Kumar,

like i said in the 1. post: I already restarted the j2ee engine, but without any result.

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once go through this link some experts discussions regarding this....

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response!

I don't have any issues accessing the Mail Server with Outlook. I can open all the Mails that are waiting for beeing polled by the Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can you stop and reactivate the sender mail channel?

regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Can you stop and reactivate the sender mail channel?

Yes, but after restarting the Channel, it is immediately in the same state as before.

Curious is, that our developer XI has no Problem with reading Mails from the same Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi benjamin,

Can you to some other mail server like yahoo... and test it. At least we will come to know from which side the error is right?

Regards

Ramesh P

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Try to restart the j2ee engine

Tcode=SMICM . it shouls work.

May be below links will help you

1. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Reward if it is useful..