Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO price change in ME28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Good day !

I have a PO that created by buyer on the 10th April using ME21N, and was released same day by a PO approver using ME28 (Release purchasing document).

However system reported price changes on the PO Items via ME28 (that the PO Approver changed the price same day).

Question is, should the ME28 transaction give rise to price changes ? If so, how it determine the PO price value ?

Hope you could advice me.

Thank you very much !

Regards,

Stp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough you see ME28 t code in change column it does not mean the releaser has changed the price.It is released thru that t code.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply.

We know from the PO approver that the PO price not change by the PO approver/releaser in ME28 even in the PO item change history it shown price changed by transaction ME28.

The question is whether ME28 will update the PO price automatically when release PO ?

If so, how ME28 determine the PO price to change.

Please teach me if you have any idea.

Thanks a lot !

Regards,

Stp

Former Member
0 Kudos

using ME28 we can change the PO by clicking on the PO. So any changes done using that transaction get recorded.

if you want to prevent change of Prices by the approver you can do the same by controlling the authorisation.

Please take help of BASIS security team for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Relseasing in ME28 , The PO approver double clicks The PO numbers, it takes him in to the PO..

and in the Change mode he has changed the Price..

To see the Original Price.. Go to ME23N select the Line Item >Environment >Item Changes..

here you can see the changes..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

How are you ?

Thanks for your reply.

I have check and tested ME28. Double clicks the PO number and changed the price. Then release the PO.

When I checked back the PO item changes history, it shown the price change was done using transaction ME23N.

But, in my problem case, it shown the price changes done by transaction ME28. It is not the PO approver who update the price manually.

Is ME28 able to change the PO price automatically ?

Could you advice me ?

Thank you very much !

Regards,

Stp