cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS: Employee Search: Data View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a few clarifications regarding the Data View of Employee Search/Team Viewer iview.

1)"Click"ability of Employee in Data View

2)"Click"ability of any other object type, like Org Unit or Position in the Data View

After my trials, I'd like to know the following.

If I use the delivered object selection rules (in SPRO config), I'm able to click on the employee (i.e there's a link under the employee name in the Data View). If I use any other rule (a custom object selection rule with evaluation path O-S-P) I dont get the "link" under the employee name in the data view. Any reasons for this behaviour? or any rules regarding an object selection rule?

If I display Positions or Org Units in the Data View, they are not clickable either. Is this not allowed? Is Data View only to display employees?

If there's any other forum I'm more likey to get an answer, please lead me there.

Cheers,

Rajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed out the Column framework of Data Provider in IMG.

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit

In most of the HR Implementation projects,in front end some of the fields are only displayed to the end user,The Examples of the fields are Position,Org unit,personal area,personal subarea,company code,Functional org unit,job number,some times cost center is also display only to end user.Even I am also in the project of HR Implementation as webdynpro as a front end we generally will not give a chance to enter the above fields by the end user.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you did not get my question. This is about selecting an Employee/Position/Org Unit in the Data View of Employee Search iview and not about giving the user a chance to enter any of the fields you said in a custom application.

Cheers,

Rajit