cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Suddenly on our PRD system there were lot of updates failure and the update server was inactive on application server, no one didn't do any changes. We were not able to find out the reason why this has happened suddenly on monday morning, does any know the reasons why this would have happened and what would be the causes for the same.

Please help .

thanks,

anuroop

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

login on to application server run SM14 ->

click on activate button

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please paste message.

Sorry it should be inresponse to Anuroop.

thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anroop,

Your telling that the tablespaces are in autoextend off state .So if the update is trying to update the teblespaces beyond the limit of tablespace also the updates will fail.

The update system also becomes inactive during that time .If u try to make it active using SM14 also it will become inactive .U can check in SM21 log also .Better u increase ur free space in ur tablespace by adding datafile .We have also faced the same thing .After adding more free space to the tablespace ,then try to activate update system from SM14 .Then it will be active ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the table spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SM13 the logs of the failed updates

Pls paste here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My question is not that ,without any one doing anything update server was deactivated and updates have failed. There were no logs in SM13. We have already activated the server and everything is fine now. My question is what would be the cause for the same.

Thanks,

anuroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have my doubts on the archive logs getting full and which triggered the Global deactivation. Check your System logs around that time and also check the Alert log whether the archive log was full.

But this seems very strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can i see this alert log -- do u mean inSM21 or Rz20

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked, the archive is not full nor there any logs for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can check in SM21 for system logs

For alert log check in /oracle/<sid>/saptrace/background

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked th same, but couldn't find any error messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The archive logs may not be full now, the cleanup job could have cleared or moved the logs.

You need to see when the first update failed, based on the time you need to check the system logs and the Alert logs

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anuroop,

Do the following checks:

1.Please check your ALERT LOG, Use transaction code ST04-> Database message log/Database Log

If you find any issues there, post them here.

2.Check if any of your Tablespace is full.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the messages there is nothing related to error.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your update still failing ?

Have you checked if any of the tablespace is full,. do you have a PSAPTEMP ? or PSAPUNDO with a higher undo retention period ?

Are your tablespaces set to AUTOEXTEND ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is not there, we want to know why suddenly it has happend stopping all the updates and deactivating the application server.

No the table space is not full , PSATEMP is not full.there is no high retention period .

the tablespaces are set to autoextend off.

thanks,