SPA/GPA Memory has been exhausted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any one can guid me i got the errors in ABAP Runtime error in ST22

"SET_PARAMETER_MEMORY_OVERFLOW", "DYNPRO_SPA_OVERFLOW",

Forther analysis

"FX035: Memory overflow in SPA."

The memery area for SPA (Set Perameter Area) is too small to accept further values.

in the Tips

ztta/parameter_area is preset to 8000

if error occurs often the size of the area in the profile should be increased using parameter "ztta/parameter_area".

and i checked the parameter of ztta/parameter_area it is 8000

and default is 32000

operating system is linux and DB6 Database....

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i was you I'll increase ztta/parameter_area to 16000 and try again

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I need to change it in RZ10 of instant or default profile.. if possible can you guid step by step to change profile

thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RZ10 only you edit default profile.Any ways you can also edit it at os level but not advisable.

Go to RZ10 select your progile and select extended maintainence then select the profile parameter and change it after doing this save the changes and activate it.

To brings settings to effect you have to restart the R/3 system.

Regards,

Vamshi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably is currently siting on the instance profile... just go to rz10 and open both default and instance profile... if its in the default profile change the value there, if its in the instance profile and you have more than one instance then change it in all instances...

to change a profile just go to RZ10 -> choose profile and click on extended mainteinance -> change the parameter and press copy then go back and save -> you'll be prompt asking if you want to activate profile -> activate the profile. beware that you'll need to restart the system for the changes to take place.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing similar problem on SAP ECC 6.0 EhP4 SPS 3 system with underlying OS and Database as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 x86_64 and DB2 9.7 for LUW.

I understand increasing the parameter ztta/parameter_area to a higher value from 8000 but I want to understand how the value is being changed as I've never changed it's value and default value is 32000 so what process is actually playing with this parameter !

Thanks & Regards,

Kashyap Shah

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply check the comment area in RZ10 it automatically registers the last person to change the parameter

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware about that but it doesn't show up anything in comment and I am the only User with Basis authorization and I have never added any such parameter.

What I feel is I am using DB2 9.7 for LUW as database with STMM (Self-Tuning Memory Manager) and that might be changing this parameter but that is just a guess.

So please let me know if anyone is aware how this value is being changed without anyone explicitly changing it.

Thanks & Regards,

Kashyap Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kashyap,

STMM cannot change the SAP Profile parameter values. STMM only tunes parameters related to DB2 Database. In case nothing is shown in comment for change of this parameter only way I can think is of someone changed the parameter directly at OS level and then imported the profiles of active servers.

Answers (0)