Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 to IS Retail communication

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am working in project which has communication between R/3 and ISRetail, both are seperate systems. I have some doubts regarding the connections,

whether we need to use XI for communication,

or we can directly communicate using RFC ..

which is the Best Practise,

is it possible to monitor the comunication between R/3 and ISRetail, without XI.

Please Help me

Regards

Pradeep P N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If you know XI well, go ahead with XI interfaces only.

Though you might handle with RFCs,monitoring and configuring,

and involving more systems and maintanence part will be easier with XI only.

BestRegards,

Ramesh.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If you have few integration scenarios, you can go ahead with Point to point connections without XI if Retail application can directly communicate through RFC.

But, if you are considering/expecting more integrations in future and also concentrating on Maintaince, Monitoring and Scalability, then you should go with XI.

regards,

Piyush

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whether we need to use XI for communication,

Not mandatory. But it would be good if u place the integration logic at a central location

we can directly communicate using RFC

Yes its possible

which is the Best Practise

It depends upon ur usage. If u think that in future there would be other systems or applications communicating, then it is better to go for XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Since R/3 and ISR are SAP System, you can use ALE/IDoc Setting for proper communication between these SAP system. You can monitor the IDoc transfered in and out using t-codes we02, bd87.

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Xi to Integrate the SAP and Retail System. Why because

1) Xi has the Monitoring Mechanism whether that message is successfully delivered to Retails system ot not we can see

2) You can use IDOC/RFC/Proxies for SAP R/3 side and we can use Webservices for IS Retail side if that application is dealing with the .NET or JAVA.

Regards

Seshagiri