cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual change of the item category in the outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to change the determined item category of an item after creating the delivery?

In customizing (delivery item category determination) there is a default item category assigned to delivery type and item category group and additional an allowed manual entry as alternative item category.

when creating a new item manually the assigned default item category will be determined. this is working. But when the item is created with the default item category, it is not possible to change the item category group to the manual allowed.

Is this generally not possible inside of outbound delivery?

Thanks in andvance for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Sorry, but this is not possible. If you read the IMG documentation, these manual options for item categories are useful only when you enter a material directly in the delivery.

If you enter a material with a certain item category group (for example, standard item) in a delivery with a certain document type, the SAP System automatically finds the allowed item category by allocating the delivery type to the item category group.

Define the item category that is to be proposed automatically. You can also define the allowed item categories which you can then specify in the delivery by changing the default.

This could be because the item category (which is decided in the sales order) controls a lot of information and indeed the process itself, right from the sales order. So if this is changed in the delivery, the implications are many.

Hope this explains,

Regards

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

First thanks a lot for you detailled answer.

You wrote, that it is possible, when i enter a material direct in the delivery.

This is what i want to do.

When i enter the material (without connection to the customer order) and press ENTER, SAP determines the default item category. And afterwards the item-category field is set on 'no input'.

Background of my problem is: I want to modify a manual delivery item with batch-input. In case of invoicing the item or not i have to change the item category. All other changes inside the item are working well. (weights, quantities etc.). As far i understood you right, a change of an customer order indipendend item category should be possible. If yes, what can be the solution.

regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The only option is to change the item category BEFORE pressing the Enter button. This is how it works in a Sales order also.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Nikhilesh

Answers (0)