cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large text values in combo box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to display long values (1000 - 2000 characters in a drop down control. I am trying this with DropDownByKey and DropDownByIndex. It is not displaying complete value and occupying complete screen drop down box is opened.

I would like to have each value to be wrapped into multiple rows so that user can see complete value it will not be too lengthy when expanded.

I have thought of EVS but it is not relevant in this case. OVS will be too heave for this requirement. Can anyone suggest better solution to achieve this.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishore,

I think for this problem you can use a Message pool or go for the Message Manager class.set the visiblity to none unless the user needs it.

hope this might help you.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say a drop-down list is not the right means to do this. What about a popup dialog containing a table?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I hope that large values can added inside these kind of boxes.create the UI element and then go to

<b>Dictionary>Local Dictionary>Data types>Simple Type>right click Create new simple data type.

In the Definition tab>go to Lenghth constraints>Give the max value what u want.</b>

save it and go to the appln in the context attribute type

change it to the simple type u created.

For changing it to ur simple type click on the type of the attribute.

Select the three dots ... in that simple dictionary type

-->open ur package u can find ur simple type gettin

added.choose that and finish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natarajan,

I believe you are talking about how to create a combo box with large values. But my problem is, I could show the values to user, it looks very long occupies entire width of the screen and could not see long values if they are more than 500 characters.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Sadly this is impossible, neither with existing NW04 nor with new NW04s versions. And you are right: EVS & OVS do not help much here.

As a workaround show some abbreviated result to user and display complete text a) for selected value and b) for tooltip in combo-box.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery Silaev,

I am also thinking of setting a tooltip while user scrolls down the drop down box. Can the tooltip be given for every value in the combo box while the user is scrolling down the list.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

AFAIK it is possible using DropDownByIndex (DDI). Create node with 2 attributes: abbreviated text and full text. Bind first attribute as text, second as tooltip of DDI.

VS