cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP System Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some information on Enterprise Portal which is releted only to Basis support .

As i have knowledge of EP(content admin and user admin) and am completely new to System Administration in EP so i need help on the following topics which i need to cover as per the requirement . Please let me know ahich one of the following is relevant to EP and which are not .

1. Extensive knowledge of support for SAP R3 4.6C systems, SCM 4.1 and 5 systems, BW 3.5 systems, Maxdb Livecache

2. Extensive knowledge of support for SAP ECC 6.0, EP 7.0, BI 7.0

3. Database admin knowledge of Oracle, Maxdb

4. General unix OS commands like checking print queues and file systems for HPUX

5. SAP Systems refresh knowledge on Oracle db platform

6. CIF queue management and trouble shooting

7. BW administer workbench (transaction RSA1) -Troubleshooting issues connecting to sources systems

8. Print queue management and troubleshooting in SAP and unix

9. Transport domain management and work with transport groups

10. Memory management in SAP and troubleshooting memory bottlenecks

Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this helps ....

1. Extensive knowledge of support for SAP R3 4.6C systems, SCM 4.1 and 5 systems, BW 3.5 systems, Maxdb Livecache

probably more about connectivity rather than basis level support

2. Extensive knowledge of support for SAP ECC 6.0, EP 7.0, BI 7.0

same going for here although additional knowledge around business packages, webdynpro, SLD etc would definately be worthwhile

3. Database admin knowledge of Oracle, Maxdb

yes - EP is based around database support so any knowledge of these is good - perhaps not deep DBA level though

4. General unix OS commands like checking print queues and file systems for HPUX

depending on your environment a working knowledge of UNIX would be useful in aiding general administration although most config is environment independant

5. SAP Systems refresh knowledge on Oracle db platform

like backends - useful if you are doing system copies / migrations but its nowehere near as complicated

6. CIF queue management and trouble shooting

not really

7. BW administer workbench (transaction RSA1) -Troubleshooting issues connecting to sources systems

yes troubleshooting connectivity issues is an important skill in administering EP

8. Print queue management and troubleshooting in SAP and unix

no queue management to worry about but general troubleshooting skills and unix are useful

9. Transport domain management and work with transport groups

yes - particularly with EP7.0 although exactly what mechanism you use is largely project dependant

10. Memory management in SAP and troubleshooting memory bottlenecks

absolutely - in fact arguably this is often considered more important (by some) than backend memory management as the java layer traditionally is more fluid.

Im sure other people will have their opinions - I have been doing EP since the early days and I would NOT class myself as a typical basis (in SAP terms) consultant - I manage just fine !!

Haydn

Answers (0)