cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management - Document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing Travel Management in vesion 4.6C, and I am wondering if it is necessary (or advisable) to create a special FI document type for Travel Management.

How would you implement this new doc type to make sure it is used by TM when generating FI documents?

Thanks,

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jerome,

As per my knowledge, in Travel Management there is no need to have a different document type for that, you can easily identify the entries posted by travel management, as the narration would have a fixed text "trip number and "travel date from ... travel date to".

But still if you feel that you need to have a different document type for Travel postings, then there is no SPRO configuration available for this.

You need to search an USER EXIT for programme, which is used by PRFI transaction.

Thanks & Regards

Sanjay Marathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jerome,

Default document type used is : AB, and i suppose it is hardcoded in PRFI programme. Try searching for an user exit, for changing it.

Thanks & Regards

Sanjay Marathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Sanjay!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can make a "Z" transaction which changes default AB type of document in transaction PRFI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The document type 'AB' will be defaulted in Travel management in T.Code PRFI but you can change the document type by going to T.Code PRFI and select "General Trip data " .In that document type 'AB' will be defaulted but you can change it to whatever doc type you want.

If helpful, plz assign points.

Regards

Rajaram

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jerome :

If you create a special FI document type for Travel Management, all the transactions & number ranges relating to TM can viewed using this document type.

It is not complusory that you have to create special FI document type for Travel Management, But if the business requirement states that they want to have a special FI document type for Travel Management.Go ahead.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Assign points if useful.

Regards

MSReddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, it is helpful.

One more point: how do you customize the document type in order to make sure it is used for the generation of FI data from TM (after the run of cycles)?

If I do not create a new document type for TM, which document type is used by default? Where is it customized?

Thank you.

Jerome