cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jdbc adapter error

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a scenario MS access database to RFC .For that i have created a communication channel for sender JDBC.Wher i have given the following driver details

Jdbc driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)},DBQ=//192.168.100.2/backup/test.mdb;

Here ip address based on LAN System in Windows. but When am checking the communication channel its showing an error

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)},DBQ=//192.168.100.2/backup/TRANS.mdb;' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)},DBQ=//192.168.100.2/backup/TRANS.mdb;': java.lang.NullPointerException'

I have tried to copy that mdb file to Xi server. Its also saying the same error. Can any body have any ideas

Is we have to install any driver file in xi .If so please give me the driver detail

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Binu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binu,

To install JDBC driver follow the how to guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide...

Configuration of JDBC Adapter for SQL Server

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:<port>;DatabaseName=<DBName>

UserID and Password.

If the connection is not working find the correct port number.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b92770-db81-2a10-8e91-f747188d...

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Reward Points If it is Useful..

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the Ms Access database.Then how can i give the Sql server details. Can u please provide me the Ms Access driver detail . The link what u have given is not working

Regards

Binu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binu,

To install JDBC driver follow the how to guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide...

Configuration of JDBC Adapter for SQL Server

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:<port>;DatabaseName=<DBName>

UserID and Password.

If the connection is not working find the correct port number.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b92770-db81-2a10-8e91-f747188d...

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Reward Points If it is Useful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binu

yes you dont require on linux also

regards

sandeep

if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binu

Please check the driver path as mentioned below.

JDBC Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection:jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//location of DB table.mdb;

No JDBC driver required.

Receiver JDBC scenario MS access - /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

follow this thread

SAP Note 850116 has details

regards

sandeep

if helpful kindly reward points

0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

Thanks for the replay. I have one more doubt .My Xi server in Running on Linux Platform and Ms access database is on windows platform. Then also no driver is required .

Regards

Binu

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn