cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PM to MS Project Server integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking at a SAP PM to MS Project Server integration. SAP Exchange Infrastructure is already used for other integrations scenarios within our company.

Is XI suitable to integrate SAP and Project Server and what is the best way to do so?

Can we use the SOAP adapter?

We would highly appreciate any input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Henk,

are you trying to push data from SAP PM to MS Project Server or the other way round??

For synchronizing data from SAP to MS

there are two ways you can do

1. User the new SAP Connector Starter Kit for Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 that is available at no charge from Microsoft for connecting to SAP.

2. You could have an RFC-XI-SOAP-MS solution. RFC from SAP pushes data to XI, XI futher uses a webservices provided by MS to push data using the SOap adapter.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thank you for your reply.

We are aiming to use XI for this solution and the integration will be both ways.

I started reading the PDS reference and SOAP seems to be the answer. The one thing that worries me is the description on the logon needed when using logon to call PDS methods, they call this "Programmatic logon to Project Server".

For this they mention two possible ways: MS Windows integrated authentication and MS Project authentication.

Are these really the only ways and is XI capable of doing this? Do you have any real life experience on this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Henk,

<i>

For this they mention two possible ways: MS Windows integrated authentication and MS Project authentication.</i>

You could use MS Project authentication with XI. While configuring the sender soap adapter you could specify the required project credentials which will be used by XI during runtime.

PS: Please dont forget to assign points to helpful answers

Cheers,

Naveen

Answers (0)