cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pricing gurus,

i have a scenario in current implementation.........client is an casting industries where his finished priduct is an alloy of different materials........and there is no standard composition of the alloys i.e for example let us take material m1 which a alloy of fe, nickle, magnesium, copper etc.......and as per the customers requirement he manufactures the material with different percentage of all the aloys i.e fe as 90%, silicon as 5%, nickle as 3% and copper as 2% and this percentages changes every time.........so is there a way where when processing sales order if i enter the material code it asks for the percentages of the alloys and accor to that it calculates the price of the item and where can i maintain the basic price of each alloy and this basic price hass to be changed regulary cos of the fluctuatios of prices in the industry............

please let me know the possible solutions for this scenario....................

its urgent.......

awards points awaiting...............

regards

balu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is common & a definate scenario that such Casting Industry require to use Variant Configuration, as it does not makes sense having high volume of different Material Master for different combination. Casting, Steel & insome cases even Chemical industry highly depend on Variant Configuration for Pricing.

Regards,

Rajesh Banak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

thanks for all your valuable suggestions.........

regards

balu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

thanks for all your suggestions,,,,,,, but can any one pls assist with config settings, it will be really helpful to me.......

regards

balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is nothing but a variant configuration that you need to do.

When you enter the material number ( an alloy), consequently, the system will ask you to input the the percentages of the metals involved in manufacturing that particular alloy.

But I have not this type of settings.

Hope this link may be of use to you. Try this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d8/fa9bd49ede11d1903b0000e8a49aad/frameset.htm

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

Is there any possibility of going with Variant configuration.....??

As you mentioned in your query, you will start production once get the specification from the customer. This is a make - to -order scenario. Correct me If I undestood you requirement wrongly.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashanth,

you have got it right but can you help me with config settings.............

regards

balaji