cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can xMII sense an event being triggered in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi xMII Gurus,

I have a requirement where, when some event is triggered in SAP, I have to fetch some data from SAP to xMII and do some procesing and post the data back to SAP. Is there any way by which xMII can sense the event being triggered in SAP?

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

It can be done with a trick

1. Create the transaction in xMII

2. Generate the webservice.

3. Consume it in ERP

a. from SE80 you have to consume

b. From Lpconfig you have to create a port.

4. Now after the event occured in ERP,Call the interface of the class you have created in SE80

And it is done

Thanks and regards,

Pradip

former_member209705
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You can use Message Listeners to send triggering message from SAP to your xMII. On recieving a particular message from SAP through message listeners, you can call a transaction that inturn may post a data back to SAP(using BAPI or RFC).

• You need to create a message listener in Message Services with client system as your SAP system in your case.

• Create a rule that will filter or allow type of message into xMII under processing rule editor.

Ravi shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not directly. You can probably leverage a "user exit" on the ERP system (and some ABAP code) to invoke and xMII transaction. It is likely easiest to use the XML capabilities of ABAP to do this, and to invoke the "Runner" servlet within xMII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify, there are a select subset of predefined "events" that can initiate the transfer of an IDOC to xMII, but the user exit mechanism might be needed.

0 Kudos

Hi Rick/Ravi,

Thanks for your help. I was actually thinking about these options. Will try and get back if I need any further help.

Regards,

Prasanna