SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE19 - Test tool for IDOC processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

As we know WE19 is the test tool, and it has downside that it translates everything into upper case.

Even SAP has a note for it, stating that it is not going to change. but it gets changed everything in upper case .

In Our requirement; some fields` value in lower case (or partially lower case) like internal POD are required by using this tool, it converts these into upper case and hence our process does get failed.

Let me know if any exit or bapi or some other solution for it.

Points would be rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shashi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the only problem that even we faced while processing IDOCs for Internal POD which as both cases in the number.

There can be 3 options :

1) The easiest would be (the one which we used while implementing ISU for our client) that in the IDOC structure, maintain the EXT_UI as one of the fields, which are generally all numbers. Then using EUITRANS (and EUIINSTLN if reqd) tables, you can fetch the corresp INT_UI in your F/M that you will be calling to process the inbound IDOC.

2) You can try using EXIT_SAPLEDI6_003, which however did not work for us. This exit is called before sending data to the processing F/M. Here you can code to adjust the case of the fields.

3) Use BAPI 'BAPI_IDOC_INPUT1' to directly process the IDOC. But again in this case, you will have to write a program to populate all the segments of the IDOC to be processed. The data so populated can be in any case as required and it wont be converted while actual execution.

Do let me know if any of this helped.

Thanks,

Pranjal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the only problem that even we faced while processing IDOCs for Internal POD which as both cases in the number.

There can be 3 options :

1) The easiest would be (the one which we used while implementing ISU for our client) that in the IDOC structure, maintain the EXT_UI as one of the fields, which are generally all numbers. Then using EUITRANS (and EUIINSTLN if reqd) tables, you can fetch the corresp INT_UI in your F/M that you will be calling to process the inbound IDOC.

2) You can try using EXIT_SAPLEDI6_003, which however did not work for us. This exit is called before sending data to the processing F/M. Here you can code to adjust the case of the fields.

3) Use BAPI 'BAPI_IDOC_INPUT1' to directly process the IDOC. But again in this case, you will have to write a program to populate all the segments of the IDOC to be processed. The data so populated can be in any case as required and it wont be converted while actual execution.

Do let me know if any of this helped.

Thanks,

Pranjal.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and I know it .

What about GUID : which the combination of upper and small character. which does translate it at run time.

Anyway I have done it .

Regards

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the solution.

Thanks for your co-operation.