cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout of a WebDynpro session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the normal timeout length of a WebDynpro session is preconfigured to ~30 minutes.

Is there a way to configure it somewhere in the server

or in a WebDynpro project?

Thanks - Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an iview on portal which points to an web dynpro application.

Now the problem is that the application gets times out even when the user is performing some action with the pages.

we have also set the Application time out property but of no use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have problems with the sap.expirationTime timeout value. in regard to stefans note i checked the default.properties. i could not find a property for sap.sessionExpiredURL, i can only find sap.noClientURL and the other two properties.

Now when a Web Dynpro App times out, an exception occurs telling

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: ClientWindow with Id WID1119886821120does not contain ApplicationWindow with Id[...]

i tried to add the missing property manually, but it did not help.

does anyone know where the problem could be? any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created a WebDynpro project and created an application in this WD project which requires authentication. I had set the "sap.expirationTime" property in the application properties of the WD application.

When I access the application URL for the first time, it get redirected to the login page. Later, when I click on any UIElement after the application has timeout I get the error message that the application has timeout and also get a link to the application. Upon clicking this link I get logged into the application directly. I suppose this is because the Http session was still alive and not removed. I there anyway I can remove that as well and delete any related cookies when the application exceeds the sap.expirationTime.

Thanks in advance.

-moli

Former Member
0 Kudos
Re: Timeout of a WebDynpro session

hi 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan! This is the solution I was looking for.

Regards

Shakeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

On the same lines, if I want to change the timeout page(the default page that is displayed when there is a timeout) settings to a custom designed page, how do I acheive that? One option is to rename the html page, but is there any other way in which I make some settings in the server parameters to point to this new page's URL?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Shakeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakeel,

i'm not sure, what you mean by "renaming the html page". You can set these urls using the visual admin at "server node->Services->Configuration Adapter->webdynpro->sap.com->tcwddispwda->PropertySheet default".

There are three entries: sap.logoffURL, sap.sessionExpiredURL(that's the one, you're searching for) and sap.invalidDeploymentStateURL. You can change the WD behaviour by editing them and restarting the server.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Please go to the application properties and set the

sap.expirationTime (in seconds).

Hope that helps!

Karin