Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the Ship-to-Party from Sales Order and Line item

VB09104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am developing one report in which I want to get the Ship-to-Party for a particular Sales Order and Sales Order Line item number.

I can see table VBPA from I can get value of KUNNAR and so on. But my concern is that can the Ship-to-Party differ for different line items for sales Order, if yes how to get that one, any table or any function module?

In my scenario i found out that ship-to-party only depend upon sales order and partner function not line item.

please help me..

regards,

vikas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The SH can be different for different line items. If you goto Item level - partners tab, you can see the different partner functions. If you want to change the SH for this line item, you can change. But that SH should be already assigned to the Customer Master of that SP. The Item level details are stored in VBAP table.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SH party at the header is stored as line 0 in VBPA and then, if a certain line has a different SH party then the system creates a specific line in VBPA. So, for example, you have a sales order (888) with 5 lines and initially you enter SH 123. You then change lines 3 and 4 to have SH party 456, VBPA contains :

Order Item SH

888 0 123

888 3 456

888 4 456

To get the correct SH party, you first try and select on the order/specific item combination and then, if that fails, you use order and item 0 :

select single kunnr from vbpa into vbpa-kunnr

where vbeln = <your sales order>

and posnr = <your item number>.

if sy-subrc ne 0.

select single kunnr from vbpa into vbpa-kunnr

where vbeln = <your sales order>

and posnr = 0.

endif.

Regards,

Brian

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try the Table VBAP

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

Sold to party will be the same for all line items , it wont change.

However Ship to party can differ from line item to line item.

You want SP or SH?

Pleas clarify.

Thanks and regards,

Nilesh

VB09104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need to get the Ship-to-party for that particular line item number

regards,

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First step: Customer Creation (T. Code: XD01)

i) Create Sold to Party (Ordering Party) with Account Group: Sold-to-Party

ii) Create as many Ship-to-Party and Bill-to Party, if reqd, with Account appropriate Account Groups.

iii) Match all the Ship-to-party/ Bill-to-Party/ Payer for the respective Sold-to-Party under Tab: Sales Area data, Sub-tab: Partners.

Second Step: Sales Order Creation (T.Code: VA01)

i) Enter Sold-to-Party at Header Level.

ii) Enter Materials (at Line-item level).

iii) Now, System will pop-up all the Ship-to-Party/ Bill-to Party/ Payer, Matched for the particular Sold-to-Party. Click on appropriate selection.

OR

Now, (if option doesn't pops-up) select the line and Double Click on to the same line. it will lead to the next page. Here, Click Tab: Partners

Now, in Column: Partner Function, search for appropriate Partner: Ship-to-Party or Bill-to-Party or Payer.

Remember: Sold-to-Party will be non-editable as entered at Header level.

Repeat the same for Each Line-item.

Regs,

Amit K. Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , each line item can have a different ship to party and this u can get from VBPA table for each line item.

Thanks and regards,

Nilesh

Edited by: Nilesh Narkar on Apr 22, 2008 8:24 AM

VB09104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies,

I am looking into table VBPA for the case, but not getting the required output.

what I am doing is first look into Production Order thr' CO03 and then get the associated Sales Order and Line Item number. There I can see the value for Sold-to-Party. But when i look into table VBPA for that sales order and Line item I am not getting the required Sold-to-party, for that matter i need to put only sales order not the line item. but it will be incorrect if i compare only sales order and Partner function and not the line item..that's what i guess...

any more information in this regarding please...

regards,

vikas

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can get the report from the VBPA table itself.

Add the fields- Sales doc no- item line in sales doc - partner function(SH)

i guess -it helps for further investigation.