cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have encountered a very strange problem after I transported a DDIC change to the test system. The change involved increasing the length of a data element used in a database table. The table was automatically adjusted and activated with the transport.

However, I am getting a short dump when I execute a function module that uses the field. The problem was that somehow the DDIC change does not take effect. This only happens with one particular application server, #10, however. I had tried the other app servers (7 of them) and they all work fine.

Another interesting thing I observed is that if I first run the function module in one of the app server that work fine in one user window and then run the same in #10 app server in another user window, it would work. I am suspecting that there is some cache in app server #10 that isn't cleared up correctly. I have tried bouncing app server #10 but it did not solve the problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ashley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashley,

What is the dump message?

Basically this is weird but may be what you can do is that you import the tranport once again on the application server#10 and then check what happens though I myself am not sure whether this would solve but may be you can give it a try.

With Regards.

Ruchit.