cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst does not finish at the task of "Execute step CreateDbSchema"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm trying to install Solution Manager 4.0 SR3 with MaxDB 7.6.02 Build12.

But SAPinst does not finish the following task ...

INFO 2008-04-21 23:47:53.765 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:632]

showDialog()

Execute step CreateDbSchema of component |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_Schema_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_Schema|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0.

Does anyone have same problem? Could you give me advice?

Also I found one error message near this task in the logging message.

INFO[E] 2008-04-21 23:18:08.78 [synxcuser.cpp:102]

CSyUserImpl::CSyUserImpl(const CUserData&, bool)

FSL-01027 Account user="vm-sap2\SAP_LocalAdmin" does not exist.

Any comment and advice are very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Makoto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We resolved the problem.

Problem:

Installation of 7.0 using MaxDb on Windows x64 hangs on the sapinst at the step CreateDbSchema..

There is no error in the installation log.

We are using the specified JDK (JAVA development kit) as specified by OSS Note 723909 which is downloaded from a special website of SUN.com.

We have tried uninstalling the other versions of the JDK build and tried other builds.

Solution:

By searching message boards for the specific error CreateDbSchema, one of the threads mentioned that passwords for MaxDb can't have special characters. Searching OSS yielded a Note 674430 which confirmed that installing on MaxDb has to use alpha-numeric. We were using an @. We dropped the database and deleted the user so it would be a clean install, and ran again using a different password. Some other cleanup was done too, but we suspect it was the password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find the solution, we are having the same issue.

Thx!