cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Sender file adapter - How to process data and control files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have the following requirement to fulfill: I am using an FTP client (XI Sender file adapter) to retrieve data from an FTP site. To make sure I am not picking up a data file that is currently being written to, 2 files are actually present on the FTP site (for each data file):

1. abc.ctrl (control file with no data in it. Indicates that the data file has been completely written).

2. abc.dat (actual data file).

I want the file/ftp connector in XI to retrieve the data file (abc.dat) only if the control file (abc.ctrl) is present. After the processing of the data file is finished, both files (.dat and .ctrl) should be deleted.

Is there an elegant and robust way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually you can use the Integration Process to do it

just like:

start-> receive step(receive the abc.ctrl to trigger the whole scenario) -> receive step(to collect the abc.)

->...(to process your logic)

hope it useful

Edited by: Lawrence on Apr 22, 2008 4:13 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

in my opinion there's no problem with files currently being written in combination with a polling file adapter because the final file name should be available only when the file is transferred completely. I'm using different file sender adapters very often and never had any problems. After picking up the files I move them to the corresponding archive folders mentioned in the adapters so that a second processing cannot occur.

Regards

Ralph

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can take help of a file to file scenario.

you collect abc.ctrl file from one file adapter and keep it in delete mode.Then collect abc.dat from other adapter and keep that too in delete mode.In this way you can have both the files and they will be deleted in the end

regards,

ujjwal kumar