cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters for HR replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are working on SRM 5.0(Standalone scenario).We need to replicate the Org structure from R/3 to SRM.Can anyone tell me how do we apply filters suring HR replication for bringing in only the required Org units/users during replication.

I found a note Note 389326 - HR-CA-ALE: Filtering of links by linked object type describing the same but not very much clear on what needs to be exactly done for applying filters during replication.

Any input will be appreciated!

regards,

SRM Tech.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply IA.But what I am looking is for specific filtering for sub org units after the distribution of the Org units .E.g.

Root

---Org units(level 1)

-

Org Units( level 2)

-

Org Units(Level 3)

As shown above,if i need to bring ALL the org units upt level 2 and for level 3 ,I need to bring only some of the Org unita,is there any provison(config) where I can mention the filter details or Do i need to select only the particular Org units(in the selection screen of trascn PFAL) to be replicated?

BR,

SRM Tech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the business reason for doing this way ?

-Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

The R/3 Org structure has the Org units created for all regions(global) while in SRM we need to include only org units belonging to certain regions.This filtering (region wise) needs to be done at level 3 as show in the previous reply.

I have seen few threads raised by you on HR replication on this forum.Have you prepared a seperate doc for this replication process or referred to any std doc ???

BR,

SRM Tech

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that can be done directly in PFAL where you distribute.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM_TECH,

I think it is NOT the valid business case.

Let me explain

Assume you have Org 1, Org 2 and Org 3 and replicated successfully to SRM. Next assume your users belong to Org5 (i.e level 5).

In this scenario, you will not replicate Org 5 and the positions under Org5 also will not be replicated. Same for Person also.

There is no way in the standard SAP SRM replication process.

you can link the Org5 users to Org3 as you don't want to replicate Org4 and Org5

Hope it helps you

-Pranav

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos