cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Solution Manager 4.0 SP15. We have two SAP PI systems configured for SMD.

However the SMD agent gives the following error when Starting

Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code

Any ideas anyone?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved.

The User that registered with Solution Manager SMD are the users imported from the conf file.

Load J2ee Admin tool - dispatcher - services - monitoring - ccms agent configuration - agent configuration file - open - put in passwords for users and register - ll should be succesful.

In this case the agent would fail to start - reason - another agent on another machine was trying to register and locking the SAP Solution Manager Users account.

Good Luck !

HJ1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having the same issue like SMD agent is unable to coonect to SMD server.

and Wily agent is also unable to coonect to SMD server.

Can u give me the steps and best practices to be follow to configure & Install the WILY Interoscope with solution manager.

Please share your experience also with WILY Interoscope.

Documents would be highly appreciated with reward points.

Please help me

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am having the same issue like SMD agent is unable to coonect to SMD server.

> and Wily agent is also unable to coonect to SMD server.

Check if the name resolution works and is correctly configured (hosts entries, DNS etc.) - can you "ping" the NAME of SMD server from the SMD client?

> Can u give me the steps and best practices to be follow to configure & Install the WILY Interoscope with solution manager.

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

For Documentation on Wily Introscope plae see note 797147 ( Wily Introscope Installations )

Also use this link : https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/diagnostics

Links to all the Documantation for SAP are there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fyi ..This is the Error in the SMDsystem.log:

Apr 21, 2008 3:31:02 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Error [Exception ID: 1208817062977 ] Connecting to SMD server sapms://hostname.com:port failed :

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principle/credentials. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.]

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principle/credentials. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user

The question is what user is it trying to use?

The User defined in J2ee Admin - Dispatcher - Monitoring - imported from the ccmsconf file is fine - and registered successfully.

We cannot Use http://hostname:port/smd - diagnostic systems - managed systems - agent administration - agent credentials ... because the Agent cannot start.