cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap xi role in ESOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

would you please tell me when sap xi is used in ESOA??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Please can you clarify the comment

'It is not mandatory to use PI/XI for execution of services. They can be implemented in Java/ABAP and can execute independently without PI.'.

From the literature that I am reading it appears as custome FM/BAPI can be enabled as WebServices without using PI/XI. But to enable SAP obj in ESR, we need to necessarily use PI/XI. Please can you provide an example of how a proxy provided by SAP can be used without PI/XI

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello raj,

I am not a guru but i would try to clarify the things. In ESOA we have these three important steps deploy, discover, interact. We have the enterprise service reposity(ESR) part of Process Integration(PI/XI), which is sigle repository to store the information about all the enterise services across different SAP components. When ever we build application using these enterprise services from ESR the XI/PI is responsible for execution of the implementation behind the service end piont. So we are making using the underlying capabilities of PI/XI for the service orchestration.

Hope things are clear to you,

regards,

Mahamood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mahamood

> . When ever we build application using these enterprise services from ESR the XI/PI is responsible for execution of the implementation behind the service end point. So we are making using the underlying capabilities of PI/XI for the service orchestration.

>

It is not mandatory to use PI/XI for execution of services. They can be implemented in Java/ABAP and can execute independently without PI.

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Implementation of the service can be done using ABAP/java languages. We should have ABAP proxy/java proxy as the service endpiont. Could you please clarify, these proxies don't make use of the capabilities of the integration server or integration engine which is definitely a part of XI/PI ?. It could be helpful if you make this issue clear.

regards,

Mahamood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Raj

have a look at this Wiki , hope it will solve your querry

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/07/27/briefdescriptionaboutEnhancementinPI7.1

Regds

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAJ,

New version of XI/PI is PI 7.1 in which integration repository is replaced by ESR(Enterprise Services Repository) where you can view the Enterprise Services provided by SAP and also design/define your own enterprise services around business objects based on some governance rules.

Also, It contains a new adapter WS-RM( Web Services -Reliable Messaging) which guarantees delivery of messages.

Regards,

Piyush