cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Storage to File Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, I have configured SAP DMS to work well for R/3 Database storage, however when it comes to accessing a (Windows Server 2003) fileserver through a Vault, the system always seem to have insufficient privileges and I get the "Cannot open file XXXXXX" message. The vault has been setup properly so that the "Vault path" is all that is required. IfI put a UNC name (eg.
123server\path) I get the error. If I put "C:\",it will work, but store in the root directory of the SAP server. I even created a network mapped drive on the SAP server to point to the intended file server location (eg. X:\), but I get the same error message. Is there some sap-user process that I need to give access to specifically on the Windows file server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do... but did you install the content server software on the file server?

If so, then the IIS user needs to have anonymous access.

I hope it helps.

-J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for the response. So is it that you HAVE to setup content server software on the intended file server in order for the DMS vault access to work properly?