cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to post a simple 'File to File' Scenario with content conversion. In the source i have file with data in 2 rows.

In target, i need the same data in 2 rows.

I tried to use the following content conversion parameter for Receiver Communication Channel but still the records are

coming in single line. After each record a small sign ( like a box) is coming but in single row. We are on Linux OS.

Recordset Structure: Record,Row

Row.fieldName: FirstName,LastName,MiddleName,City,Place,State,Country

Row.fieldSeparator: ,

Row.endSeparator";; 'nl'

Row.processConfiguration: FromConfiguration

Record.fieldSeparator";; ,

Record.endSeparator: 'nl'

Can you pls advice.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am opening with notepad only on windows and it is coming in single line separated by box.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you will not get a file working in windows completely which was written on to Unix first. Same is the case for you. If you write the file with the same configuration on FCC of receiver adapter to windows than unix then u might achieve what you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think 'nl' might not work on linux OS... check the following thread

If it does not work..search for new line values on Linux and use those values...Some info on Wiki tooo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

Edited by: Guru on Apr 21, 2008 2:06 PM

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That small box itself is the new line character. If it were windows and you had notepad, the records would show up in different lines. Try opening the file using notepad on windows and get that confirmed. I beleive XI is doing what it is asked to do so by putting the 'nl' character.

VJ