Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brconnect warning CRITICAL_FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

When I run a database check (brconnect), I get the following warning message:

Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/PRD/sapdata3/prd640_11/prd640.data11, value: (max_size) 8192000 KB (> 8126128 KB)

My question is, where is set max_size parameter??? where can I check it?

When I do select to the following tables: dba_data_files, dba_tablespaces, but I can't find the value shown in the warning message.

I think that value is set with the statement 'create datafile....', but how do I find it in a administration view or table???

Thanks for your help

Javier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

please take a look at the following documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/8d/2d5fac955fbb43871e348257f6c49d/content.htm

>Critical autoextendable file [BRCONNECT]

>

>Cause: There are data files with an activated auto extend feature that would consume the entire remaining free disk space if extended. A check is made to see whether the file system can be brought to overflow, due to the existing parameter setting (NEXT and MAXSIZE) during the automatic file extension. For more information, see CRITICAL_FILE in Structure linkBRCONNECT Default Conditions for Database Administration.

>

>Action: Add more space to the file system or reduce the autoextendparameters.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

But, how do I know the value of MAXSIZE or NEXT, for the datafile??

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

run the following query:

SQL> select BYTES, BLOCKS, AUTOEXTENSIBLE, MAXBYTES, MAXBLOCKS, INCREMENT_BY from DBA_DATA_FILES where FILE_NAME = '/oracle/PRD/sapdata3/prd640_11/prd640.data11';

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/statviews_3083.htm#i1620500

Regards

Stefan