cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Business Systems from Dev to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to transport Integration Directory (Configuration) objects from DEV to QA. Is there a way that I can define my business systems (or something else) so that when I import my ID objects into QA I do not have to go into the Communication Channels to change the sender(s) and receiver(s) of the interface from DEV business systems to QA business systems?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

I have not noticed this much, so I am bit doubtful.

It MAY be possible with below conditions

1) If you use CMS and have your transport groups enabled in SLD (for QA, Prod equivalent of Dev)

2) you use the same name for the receiver & sender adapters (common names across scenarios & servers)

3) you do the transport for the SECOND time

what i mean as second time is, suppose there is a scenario to the same business system and you are using a RFC adapter, (which was already configured for someother scenario in your QA)

with all these things, you may anyway have to ACTIVATE (but not configure) after the transports.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if you transport same communication channel again through CMS you have to renter adapter specific parametrs again, e.g for file adapter, filename, directory name etc.

I dont think it is possible to retain old adapter specific configuration vlaues with retransport/fresh transport.

Regards,

Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kirk,

I do not think it is possible. I think has done this purposefully so that we definitely have to enter the information to activate the changes.

regards

Shravan