Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan hours in Project System

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

In project system as i can plan my cost, can i plan my hours?? If yes how?? where in SAP?

I am in service industry and my billing happen on hours..

Please help, its urgent

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

My problem solved.

Pritam

0 Kudos

How did u do it SIMI...I have a similar task where I need to book hours on the wbs .

Please help

Suraj

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smile,

I got it, what you want. If you want to plan man hours in the WBS you have to follow the following.

1. Activate the plan integration indicator in the CO version for the fiscal year.(SPRO)

2. Create planning profile with detail planning and unit costing information and assign to project profile(SPRO)

3. Activate plan integration in project profile (SPRO)

While creating WBS, Flag 'integration planning' check box in the control tab of WBS overview screen.

Use CJR2 transaction to input the activity input and costs. You need to select the right layout for this.

Here enter the costcenter and the mahours for planning.

Also you can use CJ40 for Primary costs and activity input. Only the WBS with integration planning active will have the 'primary costs'and 'activity Input' push button. By this way you can have cost element planning and manhours planning as well.

Hope this will solve your problem. If you face any problem, please let me know.

FATMAN

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

As i am FI consultant and know very little about PS, please guide me where do i do this in SPRO, path?

I think this will solve my problem.

Thanks again.

Pritam

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smile,

It is not possible to give all the configuration steps as it involves many many screens. You should ask your project system consultant ( Engage me if you dont have one. I will charge you hourly basis )

FATMAN

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Smile,

Yes, You can plan your man hours in project many ways

1. Plan manhours in network activities using work centers

2. Plan manhours in network activities using workforce planning ( integration with HR Module)

3. In some companies, many departments work on a project and they plan manhours on cost centers and not on Project. In other words, many department provide services to projects.

Here I will assume that you want to plan manhours in Project without workforce planning.

The following are the pre requisite for planning man hours in project network activities.

1. Work center ( may be person or group of persons, machine or group of machines. Workcenter reflects skills and capacities in cost center)

2. Work or duration ( based on the calculation key either one is calculated)

3. Activity type ( Type of service)

Behind the screen,You have to have a cost center attached to the workcenter (CNR1/CNR2) and activity type. Combination of cost center and activity type will decide the rates. Use transaction KP26 to enter the rates.Activity prices are valid for a certain period of time only. They are entered for either months or a year.

The budget for the cost center should be used as a base to calculate the hourly rate for each activity type.

When you enter a work in the network activity, system calculates the costs for the manhours.

Eg: You create engineer as workcenter. He is asked to go to site and did installation of equipments.

Attach workcenter ABCD to network activity, activity type "Engineer" and work 100 hrs.

If the engineer rate is $50 per hour given in KP26.

Then the planned cost for manhours is 100 X $50 = $500

The same engineer can provide supervison service at your workshop. For that, his rate may be $20/hour. If you plan for supervison then the planned costs will be $200

-

FATMAN

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatman,

Thank you, info is really useful...

As you say there are 3 ways, i think 3rd way will help me b'cos we are not using network and activities.

In My case many departments work on a project. So i plan my manhours on cost centers, but HOW?

I link this cost center to my project and this way i can plan hours in project.

Please guide me my understanding is correct and help me how i do this in SAP

Thank you

points assigned.

Pritam