cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Forum - Irregularities - Moderator to note this

Former Member
0 Kudos

This forum has become a kind of section where contributors are having different names and posting their questions and answers themselves. They are also rewarding points to themselves.

I am checking this forum for last 30 days and prepared a list as to how Individuals are rewarding points to themselves using different contributors name.

I prepared a list of names of this contributors and their "other names" and would forward this to forum moderator for appropriate action. Most of this members are rewarding themselves 100 or more points on daily basis. Check any member who has high points and you would yourselves understand this as to how they are operating. They are also rewarding points to themselves even if answer have no bearing to questions, which is complete absurd.

If you want to check yourselves, click the forum points link against the individuals name and you would be taken to individuals contribution points section and see who is rewarding the contributor.

This has to stop and these contributors have to be blacklisted.

Make this section a learning point.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

I would recommend sending the list to moderator and let them decide on further course of action.

Regards,

Rakesh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash & other fellow SDN members,

Upto Some extend i agree with Subhash,but not completely.

Bcoz i have seen many members who genuienly spend their time & effort to share the knowledge.

I myself learnt so much, which i didnt in my job. If anyone asks me to rate myself in SAP, then my next will be "Before joining in SDN or after joining?"

bcoz therez lot of change technically after joining in SDN.

I request those members/users who creates dummy user Id's- and reward themselves-

Dont pollute the forum - this will effect to all other members also.

nothing to do by the moderator.Its our common sense- what to do?

what not to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas,

My understanding about your Blog is that some members have created multiple user ID's & They reward themselves using multiple user ID & accumulate points. If my understanding is correct, this is not a good practice.

As mentioned earlier, there have been cases where the User ID were blocked for this reason. For those who genuinely answer, & are rewarded points for their answers should not be a part of this list.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subhas

While I sincerely appreciate your efforts in compiling the list, one particular sentence makes me so upset,

"Check any member who has high points and you would yourselves understand this as to how they are operating"

As I am also one of one of the members who earned very good points in the recent past, I would also like to make it very clear to you that not all top contributors are doing this. Of course some people are take it for granted and they are playing in this forum which should be condemned.

As for as I am concerned, for each and every question posted in this forum, I took utmost care and had shared the knowledge to the best of my level.

Let us see how Moderators will act on this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is what is the use of points and in what way this points would help the contributors in their job or career.

There won't be job offers based on points.

Don't blame everyone for this. Some members really take pains to answer questions.

As far as points are concerned, I have seen some members rewarding points generously.

Some even don't reward for the answers. They reward for people who have given wrong answers or even if answer is not applicable to their question.

In that way you are correct.

It's good you raised the point and may be Moderator should look into this issue.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi subhas

Yes , what you are telling is right .and I really appreciate you for making the list. But there are good contributors also in this forum and pointing all contributors doesn't look nice. The quality of answers they give help us a lot.

I beleive there should be many members who are watching this forum as Mr.Subhas is doing . I hope atleast from now onwards please stop this activity in this forum. This is a place where we share our knowledge

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas,

Your observation is absolutely correct. I would recommend that the list prepared by you should be forwarded to the moderator. In the past, such activities have been reported to moderator & they have taken corrective action, such as initially wraning & then blocking the user ID.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, there are some elements who are doing these kind of malpractices. But it will not be wise to point your finger against all the top contributors. Please try to check the quality of answers they give. I believe now there are many complaints like the one Mr. subhas has raised, so I sincerely request the moderators to keep a vigil on the suspecious elements in this forum.

Prase