Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QI to QI stock without QM intervention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM experts,

Here's the situation:

An inspection type of the origin goods receipt is active on several materials with the tick "post to quality". When these goods are received they are indeed posted to quality inspection stock. The problem now is that these goods need to be transferred to another storage location without being put out of quality inspection.

I know that this is possible through transaction QAC2, but it is a strong request from the business to be able to do this in another way. Hence my question: is this possible through standard SAP or through limited extension?

Maybe this can be achieved by using some QM settings, but so far I haven't found them yet.

Thanks for the replies!

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

We had this exact same issue. What we had to wind up doing was create a UD follow-up action that transferred the material. We used the VMENGE08 field for the posting, changed the text for VEMENGE08 to something like "Return to QI". The usr enters the qty or selects the UD, puts in the new storage location. Use the standard posting to blocked stock. The follow-up action is assigned to every UD code. It only executes if, and on the qty in the VMENGE08 line.

Have the follow-up action then do a transfer posting to QI in the same storage location and you'll get an 08 inspection lot. (provide 08 is turned on and QM is active for the movement type used).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Craig,

It seems to me that in this case a new inspection lot is being created, but in my case I want to continue working with the same inspection lot, since it can happen that several movements for the same batch appear and I don't want to end up with 10 inspection lots for one batch...

Is there any other way to solve this?

Thanks for the input!

Regards,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct. It creates a new inspection lot.

We are using this more as a first time right thing. If it can't be approved quickly, say within 24-48 hours it is reposted. We do it because we are assuming that if it hasn't been posted yet there are issues with it.

In your case, with using the same lot, QCA1 is the only option I know of. I guess I would ask what does the business want to trigger this by?

There has to be some type of trigger or a manual decision. If its a manual decision, how can SAP be programmed to accomadate it?

If they were planning on doing a posting of some sort then I would probably consider a custom transaction for them that serves as a front end to QCA1 and checks and limits the moves that can be done by it. I.e. you might want to make sure the lot isn't transferred out to another plant or you want to limit to specific storage locations.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes indeed you're right... I will stick to QAC2.

However, sometimes the business also wants to do another type of movement, they want to change the stock type (for instance to project stock). Is this kind of movement possible when it is in quality inspection stock (attached to an inspection lot)?

Thanks for the replies, they are really helpful!

Regards,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't worked much with project stock. I've always thought that was a beast all unto its own.

I would be surprised if you can associate an existing inspec. lot with project stock.

I always thought the original receipt had to be to project stock. I've not seen or tried even moving general unrestricted stock to project stock. Have you done that?

Many of the movement types have the Q qualifier for project stock so I'm sure you receive a material to an inspection lot into QI/project. And move the lot then as well with QCA2.

While you might not be able to move an inspection lot into a project, you might be able to set up VEMNGE08 to post from QI to a project. But I haven't tried that.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

I can indeed add movement type 415 via the extra posting (VEMNGE08), but the problem is that I can nowhere indicate the WBS number and hence, I can not do the posting...

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a customer exit for VMENGE08, (not at work so can't check right now) that you can use to maybe provide that information. But it would probably have to be based on something you can do programatically.

I can't remember if you can add a comment to the VMENGE08 line as text off the top of my head. If you can, they can maybe enter the WBS element ithere. If not, the user exit could maybe use a lookup table. Or maybe a value from characteristic? From an optional qualitative charc that has the allowed WBS elements set up in a selected set?

Craig

Answers (0)