cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am taking inventory data from R/3 to APO.

The material inventory is uploaded in base UOM. Now I need to convert the inventory from base UOM to Alternative UOM which is maintained in the transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1, showing entire product details.

In this transaction, there is a tab with name 'Unit of measurement', where the relation between base UOM and alternative UOM is shown.

From where and how to fetch this UOM conversion data?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are asking about where to see on APO side the UOM conversion?

If yes, then you have to check it in /SAPAPO/MAT1 in Unit of Measure Tab.

When you CIF the material over, you should get the conversion values populated automatically in APO mat1.

If you asking about how to see the quantity in SNP94? I mean if 1EA=5PC and your APO planning area has only PC as UOM, then you see 1EA in R/3 and also 1PC in APO and not 5PCs. For this you have change the definition of EA in CUNI to see 5PC in APO. Th system also converts the units back to EA when you transfer the data to R/3 as long as the material master in R/3 has the alternative units of measure and conversion defined in additional data, UOM tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had resolved the issue on my own by using the table /SAPAPO/MARM, just wanted to close the thread kept open from long time.

Regards,

Rahul

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully you have all the information on R3 side as well. During initial transfer of material the UoM conversions should also get updated. However, you can still manually maintain more UoM conversions in APO side. All the UoMs can be got into APO from R3 using program RSIMPCUST (using appropriate options)

Ideally R3 should be the system of record for all UoM conversions.