cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete timesheet data in MAM 2.5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to find a way how to delete timesheet data (Mam010Item090) from the MI Client (SP18) running MAM 2.5. The task seemed to be quite straightforward however for some reason all the notifications are staying in IN_SYNC state which prevents me from deleting them.

Anyone knows why they stay in this state, possibly what to do to change their state?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. MAM010Item090 is notification long text, not timesheet. So there is some confusion on what exactly you want to delete.

2. Records in DB have three statuses: G - global, which means data was synhronised with the backend, L - local, data was created on the device but not synchronised to the backend yet, S- In-sync, synchronisation process in Mobile Infrastructure is always asynchronous which means that there are always 2 requests for data exchange to process one data update transaction. When first request was sent from the device to the middleware but no response received yet - data record will be in status in-Sync.

Data can stay in status "S" for multiple reasons. Some examples: when data change request (BAPI) was executed it ended with ABEND or didn't provide a proper response, device DB got corrupted (exception thrown while synchronising), mobileID has some qeues in status "I-Waiting", etc.

There is no universal solution on how to fix the situation: it might be a client reset, or SyncBo got deactivated (and that caused I-Waiting situation), etc.

And standard MAM has no such object as timesheet. Did you mean time confirmation?

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

thanks for helpful answers. I'll look into it and let you know the result.

It might be the case that the timesheet functionality is our custom code.

Cheers,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is your coding - I guess you have an issue in that coding and so you do mnot return the item - so it stays in InSync on the client. If it has to be deleted, the backend function module has to do that - so it needs to be in your coding.

Anyway - that is the place to look at in your case.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if in standard MAM items stay in InSync you have a sync issue. Check if there are any errors thrown in MEREP_LOG and in MEREP_MON. Correct these then sync again. InSync should go away for sure!

Well, I guess you know that you can not delete while an item is in InSync.....

Regards,

Oliver