cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector for VS 2003 Problem

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Recently I have downloaded and installed SAP .NET connector(SAP.Net.Setup2003) on Visual Studio 2003 . I followed all steps based on documents to add RFC Client Proxy class in my VS project. I entered all user and SAP server information in the first step of creating Connection class and that was successfull. In the next dialog I used * as filter criteria and pushed the search button, but unfortunately no Remote Function modules have been appeared in a list. Does anybody have an idea what went wrong ?

Regards,

Amirali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

First thanx for your answer, I checked the function "RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH" via se37 in SAP . I was able to execute it and gave as input parameters the followings:

FUNCNAME=ZDA*

GROUPNAME=ZDA*

LANGUAGE=EN

it returned back a correct function. By giving the above parameters in the Select Function dialog of SAP Connector, I got no result back ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried : RFC_FUNCTION* ?

Note the all mighty "*" at the end.

Mine does not work with RFC_FUNCTION but does with the * at the end.

Good luck. I got a couple of Datagrids working with simple BAPI's.

0 Kudos

First, Thanx for your prompt answer.I tested what you said "RFC_FUNCTION*" in a Name Filter , but it still returns nothing back. Any idea?

Regards,

Amirali

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please logon to the SAP system (with the same settings you used in the wizard. Go to transaction SE37. Execute function "RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH" and enter the same filter criteria. Check what you get there. (That's exactly what the wizard does.)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Entering "" is not a good idea as this would return a huge number of functions. This can take very long and consume lots of resources on both side, so that possibly nothing is returned. You should use a more specific filter, at least something like "A".

Hint: Try "RFC_FUNCTION*". This should find some functions on any SAP release.