cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Outlook client groupware integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using client groupware integration.

When selecting the Email Inbox View, I get a security popup from Outlook asking me to confirm access for a certain duration. So far no problem but I would be interested to know how to remove this popup.

After that for any email I select and click on "Transfer to CRM", I get the following error message "SAP CRM cannot access Microsoft Outlook. Application was stopped."

My colleagues don't have the same problem even though we are all meant to have the same PC configuration on our laptops.

Any idea what is different on my laptop/Outlook setup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u send me doc on nikhil.bannore(at the rate)mcl.co.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also working on the same. I need to integrate IBM lotus note to CRM. If any doc would be appreciated.

Could you please help me in the same? Points would be rewarded.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found solution to my problem by reading OSS note 962341.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My I please ask you exactly what in note 962341 help you? I've got the same problem. I am using IE7. I enabled active x controls. Also, I assume when you select transfer, all the email in this folder gets uploaded into Crm? And how does crm know which exchange server to talk to? I think it's determined by your email address in one's user master record in transaction SU01. In the meantime I will check all 4 solutions in that note and the other related note 963408.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clarify by the statement "Which Exchange server does crm know to talk to". What I meant is the exchange server where groupware adaptor was installed on. We installed it on a test server and my exchange client is connected to a different domain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry/Stephen,

I am about to start CRM <> Lotus Notes 6.5.x integration, could you kindly share your experience and let me know the steps in serial wise to corss-check.

Your kind assistance will be highly appreciated and rewarded....

Cheers,

Peter J.

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in general one has to distiguish between the groupware replication and the email integration.

The groupware replication (both client and server) do cover contact/account and appointment/task replication where the e-mail integration works independent from that and is always client based for receiving and server based for sending.

The issues reported are related to e-mail integration as far as I got that.

The Email integration is based on the MS Outlook or Lotus Notes Client.

Supported versions are Outlook 2000/2003 and Notes 6.5/7.0, the server versions are not relevant.

Technically the local interfaces are used, in case of Outlook MAPI and CDO. the security popup coming from Outlook relates to the use of MAPI/CDO.

It is technically possible to run Outlook 2007 as well but there you get the message "SAP CRM cannot access Microsoft Outlook. Application was stopped." if CDO is not installed separately.

The reason for that is that OL 2007 comes without the CDO library but one can download that from the official MS sites.

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

coming back to your post related to the exchange server and how the mails are fetched.

the E-mail Integration only reads the standard inbox folder of the local outlook client. You don´t have to setup the server or client groupware integration for that (check my other post for that) and we don´t care where you connect your outlook to. All mails in your inbox will be visible in the CRM Inbox screen.

Additionally the emails are not transferred BULK but you select one in either your outlook client or the CRM WEB UI and transfer this single mail to CRM. By doing this CRM would try to find a corresponding account/contact for the sender and attaches the mail to that one.

Edited by: Martin Dauer on Aug 13, 2008 11:46 AM

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil, Peter,

Lotus Notes is a little different as not everything working for Outlook would work for Lotus Notes. There is a document available that outlines the difference.

First you have to define if you only talk about emails or if you want to do contacts/activities as well. In the second case you need to define if you want to use the client or the server integration.

For the server integration there is a installation guide available on the service marketplace and for the client side integration an FAQ can be made available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does one setup the email transfer for Lotus 6.5 ?

Every time I click on the Setup Email transfer option on the WebUI in SAP CRM, an Activex Control for Microsoft outlook is triggered!!! It does not initiate/launch any process to setup the relevant folders for Lotus Notes.

I havee looked everywhere for some documentation on how to setup email transfer between CRM 7.0 and Lotus notes 6.5; with no luck whatsoever.

Can anyone please help me fix this?

Regards