cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory count for stock with subcontractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I want to take the physical inventory count for the stock with subcontractor on back date (in previous period).

For knowing the stock values with subcontractor on previous month's date I used T-code ME2o but the results are not desirable.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with t.codes

1.MBLB,

2.WSL7

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried MBLB, MB5B, ME2o

Is their any alternate way

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You did not make you very clear, and now you are asking for an alternative way even you got 3 alternatives.

It would help if you could describe what of the 3 did not fullfill your requirments.

Knowing the detailed requirements would help us to help you.

From my point of view a process to do an physical count in the past is already not a good process and usually not possible without a time-machine.

You cannot count phyiscally a quantity on the day before yesterday expecially not if this quantity was issue yesterday.

Whatever you do is faking a physical count.

By the way SAP has a transaction to create a physical inventory document for counting special own stock: MIO1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

Actually the scenario is like this:

1. We are providing the Subcontracting materials to subcontractor for number of times in a day.

2. Subcontractor also supplies us the finished components, for number of times in a day.

3. There are various such subcontractors (say 50)and several materials (say 100)

4. On march 31st, 2008 we asked all our subcontractors to take physical stock of materials provided by us

5. They took the physical stock on 31st march and provided us the list some days later.

6. So we want to know the stock of all those materials with respective subcontractors in system. so physical inventory difference can be posted for that day.

I tried to know the stock with subcontractor on 31st march, but results given by ME2o are not desirable. Is there any alternate way.

Please reply

-Regards

nitin

Edited by: NITIN RAUT on Apr 22, 2008 8:41 AM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now tell me whats wrong with MB5B ?

This is the transaction to get you subcontractor stock at this certain date in the past.

You should better prepare your work in future.

1. define a schedule for physical count

2. let everybody involved (even your subcontractors) know about this schedule

3.at the day of count, make sure that everything is posted what was consumed or produced until this day.

4.Create then the physical inventory doc with MIO1 (freeze book inventory, if it takes always that long to get your numbers)

5. at the same time run a stock report (just for the case)

6. Conduct the count.

7. enter the count

8. recount if necessary

9. post the differencecs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using MB5B with special stock indicator 'o' (parts provided to vendor),

system is giving the message as:

Special stock indicator will be reset

Message no. M7287

and when movement type 541 is entered, system issues the message as: Movement type is reset

Message no. M7298

so finding subcontractor's stock on that day (31 march) is not possible.

please suggest for other ways

-nitin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP will only reset your O if you do not set the radiobutton to special stocks at the same time (this is just the section below in MB5B)

Dont think that SAP puts a field into a screen just for the purpose to kidding you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Problem is solved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use T.code: MB5B stock as on date.

G.Ganesh Kumar