cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter Not Showing in Decentral Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently implemented a Decentral Adapter Engine on a windows box. The adapter engine seems to be working fine because my adapters show and seem to work fine in it.

However, when I define a Sender File Adapter that uses File Content Conversion message protocol instead of just File messaeg protocol, the adapter does not show up in the decentral adapter engine.

I made sure that Adapter Engine parameter in the Sender File Adapter shows the new adapter engine but that does not seem to be working. If change the Adapter Enginer parameter to show the Central Adapter Engine, then I can see the Sender File Adapter on the Central Adapter engine and it works fine. (Note: The Central Adapter Engine is installed on a Unix box)

Here are the paramters I defined for the Sender File Adapter:

- Transport Protocol: File System (NFS)

- Message Protocol: File Content Conversion

- Adapter Engine: (new Adapter Name)

Source Directory: (
server/drive/path)

File Name: purchaseOrder.txt

Quality of Service: Exactly Once

Poll Interval (secs): 60000

Poll Interval (msecs):

Retry Interval (secs):

Processing Mode: Archive

Add Time Stamp (checked)

Archive Direcotry: (
server/drive/path/archive)

Process Read-Only files: (not checked)

Processing Sequence: By Name

Fiel Type: Text

File Encoding:

Operating System Command:

Additional Files (not checked)

-

Content Conversion Parameters

Document Name: MT_Request_File_Data

Document Namespace: http://nxy.tots/fg_admin

Document Offset:

RecordSet Name: Purchasing

RecordSet Namespace:

RecordSet Structure: Purchase_Record,*

RecordSet Sequence: Ascending

RecordSets per Message: 1

Key Field Name:

Key Field Type: String(Case-Insensitive)

Purchase_Record.fieldFixedLengths: 8,4,2,10,10,12,18,12

Purchase_Record.fieldFixedType: char

Purchase_Record.fieldNames: Request_Action,Request_PO_Num,Request_PO_LN,Request_PO_Date,Request_Purchasing_Org,Request_Purchasing_GName,Request_Created_By,Request_Vendor_Name

Purchase_Record.fileContentFormatting: trim

-

Adapter Status: Active

Advanced Mode: (not checked)

Your help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say, the adapter does not show up, does that mean, you do not see any entry in the Adapter Monitor?

http://<host>:<port>/mdt/amtServlet

In that case, you have to look at the log on the server, with Visual Administrator or logviewer.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for helping...Could you direct me to the specific log that I should be checking. Also do you have any idea what might be going wrong?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alaa,

look into this document:

http://service.sap.com/nw-howtoguides -> Exchange Infrastructure -> Troubleshooting: Adapter Engine 3.0 (Expert Call slides)

If the File Adapter works without conversion, then you should count the number of fields in a row. If it differs from the configuration, then it runs on error.

Another idea is to check the content type of the file. When you do not enter a File Encoding, then the file adapter assumes utf-8. If the file is for example latin-1, then the number of characters in a row are not counted correctly.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for following up.

I haven't checked that link you provided me yet. Once I do, I'll post an update and reward the full points if they help me solve my problem.

Answers (0)