cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM price format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an European catalog that I need to upload with the proper number format. Their format is, for example, 1.250,75 where their period and comma are in the opposite position as our format.

I'm using CSV2.0 format and tried uploading the prices of the catalog as 125,50 (instead of 12.50) and it doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can specify a specific price format for a catalog?

We're currently on SRM4.0 Server5.0 with CCM1.0.

Thanks.

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the number format of the user who executes the upload.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Loading of catalog must be done with respect to the background user which you have configured for /ccm/cat (user default).

Once loading is done, the display/search of catlog will be done with respect to the login user credentials (Example: European user will have "," as decimal seperator, "." (period) as thousand seperator).

i faced the same issue, then we convinced to use the price format to one global standard (US format). since only two fields requires formatting price and language, other fields are good.

Cheers, Renga

• Award for usefull answers **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa is right.

We also had this issue.

we changed the defaults of the user "CATMAN"

user role /CCM/CATALOG_MANAGER

uploading the catalogs

and the service user for srm_cse

user role /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH

br

dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, all, I've been busy with other things that I have not had a chance to test this until now.

So it looks like changing the defaults of the catalog manager is not good enough. I have to do the same for the service user as well. If so, how do I manage this for both EU & NA catalogs? I can change the defaults for the catalog manager for the uploading of the catalogs, but how do I manage the service user as there can only be one? Can I have more than one service user? At any given point, I can have EU users & NA users logging in the system at the same time accessing catalogs. How does the service user know which format display?

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about ccm-user for search logon, you can create 2 ccm-users and create 2 catalog ID.

If CCM and SRM are same client, you can use SY-UNAME for ccm-user parameter.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

We have CCM & SRM on two different clients. Can we still have two different CCM users?

In SICF, we have the same CCM user id defined for service SRM_CSE (SRM catalog search). If we were to create another CCM user, how do we get this service to recognize that second CCM user?

Thanks much.

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please remove the service user assignment from SICF setting. Use ccm-user, ccm-password and sap-client parameter in the catalog call structure customizing. Do not forget SSO setting in the STRUSTSSO2 transaction.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm going to try your suggestion and get back with the results.

Thanks much,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

In the excel sheet where you maintain prices, make the price field as the text and not as the number.

Right click on it --> Format cells --> Number --> Text.

Then save it as csv format and try to upload, it will work.

Please let me know if you succeed or fail in this attempt.

Best regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

I tried your suggestion and ran into errors when uploading the csv file into CCM.

Value 219,32 is not possible for characteristic /CCM/PRICE-/CCM/AMOUNT

Value 219,32 is not possible for characteristic /CCM/PRICE-/CCM/AMOUNT

Error when updating catalog item ITEM1

Catalog update was terminated

Is it because the format (text) does not match the data type of /CCM/PRICE-/CCM/AMOUNT, which is exponent?

Kind regards,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Sorry, it should be Format--> General and not text and u can use 513.30 also instead of 513,30 ( This is the number format of the user as mentioned by Masa)

Which is how we used and uploaded with the same error we could solve?

Check for that particular item wht you are mentioning.

Try to remove that item and try upload. It should work.

Best regards,

Sridhar.