Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Records Management: Input rules on custom attribute

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Message for the admin:

First of all if this is not the right forum for this question, I would be grateful to the administrator to put the message in the proper one. There is no forum for the SAP Records Management.

Question:

I would like to have some guideline for the end user how to fill the custom created attributes for the document. Basically those are two special numbering rules respectively on two fields. I cannot use Unique ID field as this must be filled automatically with real unique ID of the document in the records management system.

Is there any way to enable some kind of rule (definition on the field, numbering rule) on the custom field which is not ID field?

TIA

Gordan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan

The generation rule is not only confined to Unique ID. IF you would like to use a generation rule on anything than Unique ID, you need to create a Generation Profile in Spro(rmps_customizing>>Basic Setting>Unique Indicator>Gen.Profile) and assigned your custom fields against the Generation profile. depending on your requirement, these field will accept user input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, if the unique ID auto-populates the Unique ID rule for documents in named Default. If you do not want the unique ID to auto populate then the generation rule need to named to anything other that Default.You can also define the format of your unique ID. I do not see the reason why you want to have a custom unique ID field as the standard could to everything you need. Not sure if that make sense!!

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello jay,

This is public sector.

Requirement is to have three fileds with different generation rules. As I can find generation rules can be implement only on Unique ID field. I would like to extend this to my custom fileds.

Now we have DEFAULT rule for Unique ID.

Gordan