cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Now I have Idea about Main table, look up table qualified table.

But I want to practice it. I know which field should be created under which table.

But can anyone give me the screen shot or tell me the step using which MDM tool I can design complete repository and how.

Whenever I am tring to create a table after clicking on repository >table > add table in MDM console I found Add table tab is disable. Please help on this regards.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am going to designing a repository. Which table I have to create first. I want to create Main, Flat look up, Qualifier, Hierarchy and taxonomy. Which table should come after which one?

First I have unloaded repository and then created a table but from the Table Type drop dowm I have not found any main option.Is there only one main table for a one repository Or we can create more than one main table?

Can anyone send me the serial no. of table and fields according to which we have to design our repository. Some of I have seen from the document which you have sent. But some Is not clear to me.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halder,

There is no order for tables to create, create them in any order.

and yes there is only one main table per repository. you cant create more than one.

either create lookup flat first or qualified or hierarchy, depends upon you. yes in repository, they are categorized according to symbols.

just go ahead and create tables as you want.

one more thing to add is if you are using any flat table as a field in other table then you have to create flat table first.

Rewards if useful.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Apr 23, 2008 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halder,

First create lookup tables then do create main table .

In main table select the type (Lookup[flat] or Lookup[hierarchy] or lookup[Taxonomy] or Lookup[Qualified

Flat]) and assign the cooresponing lookup table name in the lookup table property of main table.

We can have only one main table for a particular repository and any number of subtables(lookup tables).

When we create a repository , a product table called as main table is automatically created.

Hope it helps.

Reward points,if found useful.

Cheers,

Narendra.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halder,

As people have already mentioned that there is only 1 Main table in a repository.

I would like to add that the Main Table ( with name - Products ) automatically created once you create a repository.

Hence there is no question of creating a main table again. After that you can go and modify/Add /Delete fields in it.

Look up tables are generally linked with the Main table. So you will have to create a field in the Main Table of type - Lookup[..]. This will ask you the name for the Lookup Table you want to link it to. Once you give the name, the look up table gets automatically created under the Main Table.

You can go creating Tables after that.

One way of creating Tables in at the repositroy level. I think this is what you have already tried.

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if useful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When you work in the Console - Example while creating tables,fields you need to unload the repository.So after creating a repository ,right click on the repo and UNLOAD it.Then you can work on the repository to create fields,Tables,ports...

Please Click on this link to know more about MDM.It helps you to understand about MDM tool in a better way.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mdm-elearning

Thanks,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The design of your repository model takes place in MDM console.

- In MDM console you need to create a Repository by right clicking o the mdm server.

- Once you rep is created you will have some default tables already pre exsisting.

- The product table is the Main table

- You need to create your main table fields under this table

- For this your repo needs to be Unloaded.Rt Click->Unload immediate

- Once your rep is unloaded you can rt click on the field level and create fields in your main table.

- If you wnat to create any lookups,you need to first create the lookup field in the main table which will lookup to your lookup table for the legal values sets.

- When you want to create a lookup field you need to create a field in your main table with type of lookup eg lookup Qualifier,Lookup flat,lookup hierarchy etc.

- Then it will ask you for the lookup table name,give a new name to that table and tis table will appear in the list of tables in your right hand side in Console.

Once you have designed your rep based on you source you need to import your sourc through Import manager.

Your source can be in any of the MDM allowed formats like delimited.txt file or .Xml or excel etc

Go through this link ,this will help you design your rep

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/eb7447b1-0c01-0010-8d90-a2e004ca...

Hope it helps

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halder,

As they said above, we need to unload the repository to design and modify repository in MDM

Console.

When you work with other MDM tools (Data Manager,Import Manager and Syndicator ), you need

to load the repository.

We can design our complete repository in MDM console based on requirement.

Using the MDM import manager we can import data to MDM and using MDM data manager

we can see and modify the data which is imported using import manager.

Using MDM syndicator, we can export the data from MDM in text or xml file format .

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Narendra.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Tables are created using MDM Console only when the repository is unloaded.

MDM Console : To maintain the structure of the repository i.e. tables and fields

MDM Data Manager : To manage the master data i.e. records creation,deletion and modification.

MDM Import Manager : To import the data into MDM from external sources like text file, excel, xml etc

MDM Syndicator : To send data out from MDM in either the XML format or text file.

Reward if found useful

Note : Whenever you want to change the structure of the repository i.e. creation,deletion and modification of tables and fields you have to first unload the repository

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to add a table you need to Unload Repository -> Immediate, then add a table and then load the repository again.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Vito