Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Layout problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have an ALV report, like the following. (It's just some part of the code, not the whole one).

When I want to print out the ALV it gives me a GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED shortdump and says the there are unassigned fieldsymbols. Now I know if I'm not modifying the gs_layout it won't give me a shortdump during printing. Could anybody tell me why this problem occured, and how can I handle it?

DATA : gs_layout TYPE slis_layout_alv.

PERFORM F_LAYOUT.

PERFORM PRINT_REPORT.

FORM fill_layout .

CLEAR gs_layout.

gs_layout-coltab_fieldname = 'FARB'.

ENDFORM.

FORM print_report.

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

i_callback_program = sy-repid

it_fieldcat = it_fieldcat

is_layout = gs_layout

TABLES

t_outtab = gt_list

EXCEPTIONS

program_error = 1.

ENDFORM. " PRINT_REPORT

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stripes,

Well, this is the problem with the Fieldcatalog.

Please check the fieldcatalog once again. There is a problem with the fieldcatalog itself.

When there is a mismatch with the fieldcatalog with the structure that the FM is showing the output then only such error occurs.

If you can give the whole code then I would have seen and specify the problem.

Try to find out the fieldcatalog problem.

Rewards points if found useful.

Regards.

Abhijit.

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 21, 2008 5:57 PM

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is only a suggestion, not based on experiencing the same problem, but what about also entering the field info_fieldname. Looking at the type pools SLIS, it seems to me that both fields apply to colours. Well maybe it is mandatory to enter both fields??