cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

length of characters of an attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

i need to know,what is the maximum character length(text) of an attribute in datamanger.when it is in text format.

Regards

Biswanath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to add

No limits as such in data manager for ATTRIBUTE. One option for restricting the length can be via validations.

regard

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh..

Thanks a lot for your help..can you tell me is there any way to restrict this character length.is any setting required anywhere.

Thanks in anticipation

Biswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to limit this length as we can limit the actual text fields.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have any other query regarding the same please let us know or you can mark the thread as Answered and reward accordingly.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswanath,

Yep, some times you wont get what ever you want directly; in this case if you want to limit any text size to a particular limit; then we can use validations for this purpose. By using an validaiton you can restrict an user to certain limit. I know its not one of the best solutions you would like to use. but currently this is the only one option.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

i'm looking that maximum character length in taxonomy mode..

I cud able to go till 21 charcter..pls tell me how to enter more charcter..

Thanking in anticipation

bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its 333 only.Press the key for few seconds and save the value.Now place the cursor on that value you will get the tool tip which shows the characters you have entered.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maximum length of type Text is 333

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja