cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Literature on ESA???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody advise me on where where to look for extensive literature on the ESA, its benefits and disadvantages, when possible on an academical level?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'd look for literature on SOA rather than such on ESA, because ESA is 'just' SAP's blueprint of SOA.

My favourite book on SOA is

'Understanding SOA with Web Services' by Eric Newcomer and Greg Lomow (see Amazon).

Though I'd not call it academical, it's a very good overview on SOA in general and it's implementation using web services (SOA is a generic concept and doesn't imply any technologies including usage of web services but today's hype is SOA & web services, and that's what this book is about).

hope that helps,

anton

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

You might also look here, https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/fd9232ba-0701-0010-11b2-8b4ed43b49c4">esa [original link is broken] [original link is broken], where we've openned the review of a new book from SAP and O'Reilly Press on the design and implementation of SOA architected solutions. This is "breaking news" from SAP, and covers both concepts and direction, and implementation details. We've just added a chapter on one of SAP's premiere ESA solutions, Mendocino... Join the review, or just read. Lot's going on... :^)

Regards,

Scott Jones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

there is the bok "Enterprise Service Architecture", written by Dan Woods (SAP Press)

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Anton mentioned above, there are no academic books about ESA because it's a specific implementation of SOA.

I would suggest to try the book "Enterprise SOA - Service-Oriented Architecture Best Practices" by Krafzig, Banke, Slama. Nice language, detailled but easy to understand.

"Enterprise Services Architecture" by Dan Woods is a nice book to grap a first impression about the vision of ESA and I would take a look into the first chapters. But I wouldn't take it as a basis for some academic paper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there is good material in SAP (Community, SDN and Customer or partner portal)take a look in areas such as BPM, XI and Solution Manager. This is good material that could complement the books mentioned by other colleagues.

Regards

Luí