cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing of quality notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need one help concerning printer definition.

I’ve one issue regarding desired number of print outs for quality notification.

Our Basis team has defined certain printers in SAP, now issue is that user is trying to print 3 numbers of copies (for quality notification) but printer is taking number of copy as 1 only.

Can somewhere we have a check on number of copies while defining printer.

So my question is do Basis team restricts number of copies while defining printer, that means printer should print maintained number of copies only.

Please help.

Thank you,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For notifications printer control can be sepcificed in config.

QM>Quality notifications>Notification processing>Print Control>Define printer.

You can set generic settings using wildcards and/or user specific values.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

That's correct, I've set number of copies as 3 in the path mentioned by you.

While printing quality notification, when I select 'LOCL' printer then it goes to spool (T-Code: SP01) and after that I'm getting desired number of copies. No issues in this case.

But when I select printer (say IN01_XX) which is defined for that particular user in that case I'm getting only 1 copy though I've configured number of copies as 3. So every time I've to give new printing.

Please help

Thank you,

Mayur

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would try turning off the print immediately setting as a test. The job should wind up in the spool. Then you can check the spool and see how many copies are planned. If it says 3, and only one prints when you execute it, it's probably the printer.

Also, try creating one in the spool, (if it shows 3 copies), and then change the printer to LOCL or a different printer.

Those tests should tell you if its an issue with the notification side, or the specific printer.

Craig