Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue - XI somtimes process a file and sometimes its not detected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We have a strange problem. I’ll describe the situation:

We have a simple file to file scenario without any mapping or File Content Conversion. Daily a sender system puts a ZIP file on a server and XI processes this file.

The strange thing is that XI sometimes processes this file and sometimes its not detected at all. After our analysis we come to conclusion that its not random.

We have looked at almost everything. We have checked the:

File name;

Size of the messages.

Authorisation;

Users that are assigned to the processing job.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or does anyone has a suggestion?

Helpful points will be rewarded,

Kind regards,

Kamran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here a list a "stupid" question / point to check, but perhaps with a litle chance...

1. what is your Polling Interval of your Sender Agreement ? Once a day ? every 60s ? etc...

because you say that your Legacy put the file Daily.

2. Are you sure that your Legacy does not put the file after or during the XI adapter try to catch it ?

3. Does your filename is always the same ?

4. or Have you a filename which can changed and which is case sensitve (lowercase and uppercase).

5. What are the size of your failed file ?

Maybe it's too big and maybe you have a timeout somewhere (for instance into the adapter log)

And... have you check the log of your adapter in order to check if something is wrong.

For that go to "RWB > Message Monitoring > Adapter Engine".

Display the list and open the detail, there is often 3 pages of logs, check all of them !! even if the status is "successfull"....

Regards.

Mickael

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it some times happen like if XI tries to read the file while file is being written,

Configure paramter "MSec to wait before modification check" in file adapter CC advanced settings.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers. So I hope my answers are not stupid

1. what is your Polling Interval of your Sender Agreement ? Once a day ? every 60s ? etc...

because you say that your Legacy put the file Daily.

Answer: The polling Interval is 400 seconds and Modification Check is 400000 Msecs

2. Are you sure that your Legacy does not put the file after or during the XI adapter try to catch it?

Answer: No Because Modification Check works perfectly and we get alerts if the file is modify during the process.

3. Does your filename is always the same ?

4. or Have you a filename which can changed and which is case sensitve (lowercase and uppercase).

Answer: It has always the same name and It starts with O2C.zip

5. What are the size of your failed file?

Maybe it's too big and maybe you have a timeout somewhere (for instance into the adapter log)

Answer: It's not too big, it varies from 20 MB to 100 MB and we know that we can process files up to 700 MB

As I told before we have checked everything. Its very strange...

Do you have any other suggestion?

Regards,

Kamran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamran,

no new suggestion for the moment and yes it's strange !

Else have you check the Adapter's log as I suggested to you, maybe you could find a reason.

Regards

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

Yes, I have.

The files that XI doesn't process have no logs and the files that XI process have normal logs. There are no strange things in it.

Regards,

Kamran